The Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown and Convention Center
Are you looking for a place that will inspire and challenge you? Let us be that place, as we show you the joys of working in hospitality!
Un-conventional (Location and Look)
Approachable (Upscale Unexpected Service)
Down to Earth (LEED and ELP Certified for sustainability efforts)
Truly Colorado (Our Vibe)
This Embassy Suites by Hilton is a gateway to Denver's lively downtown scene. Boasting a contemporary convention venue, our Silver LEED™-certified hotel is within walking distance of the best attractions in the downtown area.
The team at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown looks forward to sharing their experiences with you and can offer you an environment focused on learning and development. Come and choose your next career adventure at our Embassy Suites and not only have fun where you work but be a part of our unconventional, approachable, down to earth team!
Submit your resume and application today!
Rooms – This adventure gives you the ability to test your hospitality skills in a fast paced environment and see how much of an impact you have on the overall hotel operation.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000/ Annual
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for FTYR employees
· 401(k) with Employer Matching
· Discounted On-Site Downtown Parking
· Hotel Discounts (Both Hilton & Sage Portfolio)
Sage Values & Culture: At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.
- Manage the human resources functions in the division in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; interview, hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
- Manages check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guests are satisfied and in rooms as requested. May need to fill in for various roles within the rooms department as the demands of business requires (Front Office and Housekeeping roles).
- Manages guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Monitors and regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Maximizing revenue in each phone/desk transaction. (Sell from the top down and offer specials last)
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Manages the standard procedures for cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Ensures that the overall operation of the front desk is completed daily.
- Implement emergency organization procedures and training through the management of the security staff to ensure appropriate protection for hotel guests, staff and company assets.
- Works closely with housekeeping and maintenance to ensure property is maintained.
- Hiring, motivating and training of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Four to five years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Experiential knowledge required for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Supervisory/management skills.
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests.
- Must be able to both assimilate and generate explicit and concise documents for publication within our corporate environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to respond to guest requests and questions over the phone
- Excellent speech communication skills are required to communicate both in person and via telephone with guests, associates and corporate contacts in a professional and extensive manner.
- Excellent literacy is required.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying -must be able to accomplish any task required of associates within assigned departments.
- Bending/kneeling -must be able to accomplish any task required of associates within assigned departments.
- Mobility -must be able to accomplish any task required of associates within assigned departments.
- Continuous standing -must be able to accomplish any task required of associates within assigned departments.
- Climbing up to approximately 40 steps 1% of 40 hour week. Climbing ladders up to approximately 5 feet 15% of 40 hour week.
- Driving required as necessary.
Inside hotel and office environment 95% of shift.
▪ Medical, dental, & vision insurance
▪ Health savings and flexible spending accounts
▪ Basic Life and AD&D insurance
▪ Company-paid short-term disability
▪ Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
▪ Employee assistance program
▪ Tuition Reimbursement
▪ Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.