A Director of Rooms is responsible for directing and administering the operations of key guest contact departments in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Rooms, you would be responsible for directing and administering the operations of key guest contact departments in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and administer Rooms Division operations to include, but not limited to daily operations, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, merchandising and marketing, systems use management, budgeting and forecasting, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest issues and concerns in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends and evaluate and address issues, systems and procedures to make improvements accordingly
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Facilitate and coordinate marketing initiatives, sales site visits and special requests from other departments
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Other suggested jobs
- Cook INew Orleans, LA, United States
- Director Group OptimizationBaltimore, MD, United States
- Controller - FranchiseSouth Bend, IN, United States
- Line Cook - NEW HIRES can earn a hiring bonus, up to $400!Durango, CO, United States
- Recreational AttendantLas Vegas, NV, United States