As Director of Sales, you are responsible for working closely with the Senior Management Team to drive business needs and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels. A Director of Sales will work to develop the sales group and groom a high-performing sales team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage hotel sales and marketing plans to ensure they accurately interpret and support the objectives of the business and use these plans to focus the sales efforts for all market segments.
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support!
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions.
- Monitor offers, options, and discounts for repeat bookings for groups, congresses and seminars in close cooperation with the Group Coordinator.
- Develop the group team through leadership and by example to include sales development; participate in the hiring of team members, and their future success.
- Direct and manage the forecasting process in conjunction with the Revenue Department to insure accurate, timely and complete information. Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Lead Management System, and Booking Reports
- Actively participate and complete the preparation of the annual Sales and Market Plan, quarterly updates, and the complex annual Budgets. Execute initiatives as outlined; swiftly implement strategies/tactics to offset changes in markets, economy or driven by the competitive set. Organize and/or attend scheduled group and related meetings.
- Contribute to the development of company sales and marketing initiatives by recommending, implementing, and monitoring appropriate local activity.
- Organize comprehensive information describing the range of products and services offered by the hotel and deliver this information through relevant sales resources and sales channels to existing and potential Guests.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the hotel and the management company.
- Prepare and present, on a monthly basis, the contribution, focus and activity of the proactive sales team to the hotel owners and senior management team.
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly Reservations and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs.
- Contribute to relevant management meetings to develop and implement sales and marketing initiatives.
A Director of Sales serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work well under time pressure and/or demanding travel schedules
- Demonstrated previous experience in a Sales role with the proven ability to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of hospitality industry
- A passion for sales and target-based performance
- Relevant degree, in sales, business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution
Full-Time Employees will be eligible for:
Vacation (after one year)
Travel Benefits with Hilton Properties
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.