Director of Sales, Luxury, Greater China and Mongolia
The Hilton portfolio of hotels is comprised of 18 industry leading and world-class brands, spanning more than 100 countries. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Signia, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Tapestry Collection, Embassy Suites, Tempo, Motto, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Tru, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites and Hilton Grand Vacations. In Asia Pacific, the company has over 300 trading hotels and nearly 500 under development.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Sales, Luxury GCM, you will provide sales leadership and focuses on creating and delivering a strategic sales approach to developing the Greater China Luxury market for Luxury branded Hotels within the Waldorf Astoria, Conrad and LXR global portfolio.
You will also drive relationships in Greater China with the Asia Pacific luxury partners. Lead strategic account management & development with existing & new luxury accounts in the region from all market segments as well as provide support around key distribution channels specific to the Greater China markets.
In addition, you will support Asia Pacific luxury sales efforts by engaging with all HWS teams in Greater China and constantly ensuring that they are able to articulate the Waldorf Astoria, Conrad & LXR value proposition.
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
To lead sales strategy for Luxury Sales in Greater China in alignment with the Asia Pacific Luxury Sales Organization.
Metrics: Overall increase in annual revenue & market share.
To collaborate & support leadership on property for Luxury sales teams within the Greater China region.
Metrics: Inter-regional Luxury Sales support plan including customer engagement activation
Develop and maintain relationships with key Greater China luxury accounts, which have a high propensity to book luxury brands, typically have small volumes, and high ADRs.
Metrics: Revenue and ADR from luxury accounts.
Engage with all HWS Greater China team to serve as the conduit for Luxury Sales in Asia Pacific; hold necessary training sessions, webinars, and meetings to deepen the understanding and articulation of the Luxury brands and specific global luxury product. Lead joint sales activities with HWS teams in Greater China to differentiate
Targets should contain the following
- Total sales influenced revenue at Greater China luxury hotels
- Greater China and outbound revenue of luxury consortia
Additional areas of responsibility
- In collaboration with Director, Luxury Sales Asia Pacific - create and lead the sales strategy for the development of the Luxury market in all segments outbound & inter-regionally for the Greater China region
- Accountable for the performance of HWS Luxury Sales in Greater China
- Proactively manage customer relationships as well as internal stakeholders such as the Commercial Directors, Director of Sales, General Managers and other senior Stakeholders of hotels etc.
- To create and communicate the account strategies in order to drive increase in market share.
- To be responsible for managing and driving strategy for key accounts, partnership and distribution channels in the region
- To be responsible for the implementation and execution of projects supporting sales strategy
- Be owner agnostic
- Lead and create an inter-regional Luxury Sales activation plan for Greater China
- Develop strategic focus on Account Management, key partnerships and distribution to move market share inter-regionally and outbound
- Develop powerful personal relationships with decision makers and influencers within the top producing accounts & partnerships
- Ensure that measurement systems are in place & robust to track accurately the production of all targeted accounts.
- Set objectives that are aligned with Asia Pacific Luxury Sales organization & the Greater China hotel business plans
- Work with the relevant organizations and Associations in the region to ensure that Hilton Luxury brands achieve maximum gain and exposure
- Oversee all HWS Luxury Greater China customer engagement ie organization of Luxury trade shows, sales missions etc.
- Take the lead in ensuring Salesforce implementation is accurately set up.
- Partner with B2B Brand sales marketing on the appropriate marketing activities to underpin the account strategies and deliver increased customer and market share.
- Plans and directs assignment of tasks ensuring optimum effectiveness, accountability and use of resources.
- Directs development and administration of team.
- Provides leadership & direction to team members and establishes work priorities to achieve management objectives.
- Executes organisational directives and encourages achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership.
- Conducts effective management of third parties, identifies vendors and monitors costs and quality of service.
- Reviews Account Development Plans on a quarterly basis, updating records accordingly.
Supportive Functions within the Luxury Brands
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position will be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions based upon the particular requirements of the business needs of Luxury Hotel brands globally
- Supports & provides additional leadership to Hotels in region.
- Support new openings within HWS Luxury Brands.
- Monitors and maintains a close, accessible relationship with Commercial Directors and Director of Sales, General Managers, Senior Stakeholders of hotels and Hilton within the Luxury Brands.
- Attend sales review & communication meeting as and when required.
- Additional supportive functions as appropriate.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Sales, Luxury GCM serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Extensive understanding of Greater China Luxury market, distribution & Asia Pacific Luxury partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills: presentations, written and public speaking in both Mandarin and English.
- Strong in big picture thinking and strategic planning capabilities.
- Excellence in strategic planning, leadership and execution.
- Abilty to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external & Global resources.
- Leads by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration among others.
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals.
- Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others.
- Budget development and management skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage the work of others.
- Proven understanding of client’s business and category, including business plans, competitive environment & distribution channels and product financials.
- Ability to recommend segmentation and targeting proposals and to assess marketing implications and aggressively manage to ensure profitability.
- A minimum of 7 year experience in a hotel industry sales leadership role within the Greater China region.
- A minimum of 10 year experience within the Luxury hospitality market or equivalent industry.
- University degree at bachelor level or experience in lieu thereof.
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in other commercial functions, e.g. revenue, marketing, e-commerce etc.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!