The Ray Hotel Delray Beach, Curio Collection by Hilton is looking for an Event Manager to join their unique, upscale hotel! This is a great opportunity to detail and execute amazing events in Delray Beach, FL!
What will I be doing?
An Event Manager Executes written sales agreement for moderately-sized and moderately-complex events characteristically limited up to 300 cumulative room nights. Maintains liaison between the customer and their representatives and the hotel by directing each department within the hotel as to their specific role in the pre-planning and execution of on-site convention. Maximizes revenues and controls expenses through effective negotiation of services and accurate forecasting. Responsible for successful execution of event and customer satisfaction to ensure customer remains loyal and books future business with hotel/company.
- Initiates verbal and written communication (group resume, weekly pick up, post event report, call reports, banquet event orders etc.) with customer and internal team in a proactive manner relative to payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process. Analyzes customers’ service and product needs and financial issues of in-house groups; and within parameters authorizes on behalf of the General Manager appropriate resolution of customers’ concerns while maintaining profitability.
- Represents the hotel to customers in the role of executing negotiated group sales agreements including but not limited to room blocks, food and beverage, exhibits and associated products and services. This includes, but is not limited to negotiation of pricing and terms and conditions of products, labor and services not specifically articulated in master agreement. Negotiates service agreements with companies and organizations affiliated with group business. Negotiates vendor partner agreements. Directs customer services via site visits, board meetings, menu testing, and planning meetings for definite and potential groups.
- Participates in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Events i.e., forecast, menu review, department, citywide pre-cons, operational department pre shifts etc. Participates in internal and external training and industry events; i.e., Customer Focus Meetings & Conventions, Front Line Leadership, CPR, ACOM Institute etc. Participates in development and measurement of personal and team goals and action plans.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Other suggested jobs
- Restaurant Server (Part Time/Evening) - Embassy Suites Charleston Harbor/Mt. PleasantSouth Carolina, United States
- Analyst, Email & Mobile Marketing DeveloperAddison, TX, United States
- Breakfast Attendant/Comp Service (Part Time) - Embassy Suites Charleston Harbor Mt. PleasantSouth Carolina, United States
- Personal Concierge (Front Office/Guest Services Ambassador)- Waldorf Astoria Beverly HillsBeverly Hills, CA, United States
- Breakfast Attendant/Comp Service - Embassy Suites Charleston Harbor Mt. PleasantSouth Carolina, United States