We're looking for a talented Restaurant General Manager to open our brand new, exciting concept, Hudson & Nash Bistro and Bar at the gorgeous Hilton San Diego Bayfront!
This AAA 4-Diamond hotel sits next to the San Diego Convention Center and across from Petco Park at 30-stories with stunning views of the bay and city skyline. At 1190 rooms, 6 food and beverage outlets, and 160,000 square feet of banquet space, the Hilton San Diego Bayfront offers an exciting opportunity to be a part of a culture of excellence, innovation, and hospitality.
The ideal candidate will have opening experience and thrive in a fast pace setting. We are looking for an innovative leader with a passion for creating memorable, fun experiences and the ability to drive the business forward through excellent communication, training and team development, and financial acumen. A strong background in food and beverage management in a high volume setting and excellent beverage knowledge is required. Hotel and union management experience is a huge plus!
For more information on this property, please visit:
- Hotels in San Diego - Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront (@hiltonbayfront) • Instagram
What will I be doing?
As a Restaurant General Manager, you would be responsible for directing and organizing the activities and services of a hotel food and beverage outlets as well as the Specialty Restaurant, in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all outlet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess product and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of outlet offerings, products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!