DoubleTree by Hilton prides itself on the little details that have a big impact. That's why our team members around the world strive every day to bring each guest the special comforts and acts of kindness that are unique to the brand - starting with our signature warm DoubleTree cookie welcome. The DoubleTree by Hilton unique Brand Hospitality of CARE (Create A Rewarding Experience) is a primary reason we have been consistently recognised for our commitment to building a culture of service.
Our Group, Conference & Event Sales Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront will be a one-stop-shop when it comes to promoting, selling and coordinating these business segments. The role is responsible for the full group, conference & event sales cycle, from client enquiry, negotiating, contracting, up-selling, and producing function sheets to delivery of the event, as well as post-event billings, follow-up and re-contracting of business. To thrive in this role, you'll be a personable go-getter, passionate about business development and have a history of working with an eye for detail!
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, key responsibilities of this role include:
- Maximise all groups, conferences & event revenue opportunities.
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive measures to fill capacity and meet set targets.
- Convert enquiries into confirmed business and actively upsell.
- Take ownership for the full sales cycle; taking an initial enquiry, contracting the business, coordination of the event order or group reservation, through to handover with the operations team.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to our clients, always ensuring their expectations are exceeded.
- Working effectively as part of the broader hotel team.
Our successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and competencies:
- Previous experience groups, conference and event sales or coordination; ideally within a hotel setting.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- A high level of digital literacy and information technology skill; experience with Delphi or OnQ is desirable.
- Advanced capability within Microsoft Suite programs.
- Proven organisational and planning skills. and
- Ability to work under pressure at all times, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- A degree or certification in hospitality, tourism, event management or another relevant business field would be advantageous.
As part of our team, you can expect to receive: a competitive industry salary, exclusive food & beverage and accommodation discounts, career development planning and opportunities, and an investment in your well being to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most.