Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, an authentic Italian restaurant a nautical style bar and a unique garden terrace overlooking one of Amsterdam’s iconic canals.
Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and the first international hotel in the Netherlands –the iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
What will I be doing?
As a Group, Conference & Events (GC&E) Executive, you will not only maximize hotel revenues by preparing creative and personalized offers but will also take part in the planning of the event, ensuring a flawless process, aimed to create the ultimate guest experience.
Specifically, a GC&E Executive will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receive and convert incoming inquiries to achieve set targets and maximize hotel revenues
- Proactively identify new opportunities to increase sales and conversions within the Team
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs
- Pro-actively offer clients additional services in an attempt to upsell products and experiences
- Carry out hotel tours as well as (in-person and virtual) site visits for both internal and external guest/clients.
- Process all information needed in the Hilton standardized systems
- Be present at events or guest meetings whenever necessary (may include weekends)
- Timely preparation and distribution of BEO’s, alterations, Daily, etc.
- Participation and support of marketing activities, like BBOB calls, Sales Blitz, etc.
- Pro-actively gather guest feedback after the end of the events to create lasting, return business opportunities.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the potential to develop the following competencies, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role within a 5* hotel
- Calm, efficient and organized
- Perfect communicative skills in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent IT knowledge
- Commercially orientated
- Excellent grooming standards
- Valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands are required.
- Sales Force and/or ONQ knowledge preferred
Your Values :
- Customer Focus: The ability to proactively sense and take action on customer needs and opportunities. The willingness to exceed customer expectations.
- Living the Values: The ability to inspire day-to-day consistency with the Hilton Worldwide values. The willingness to walk the talk and positively project the face of Hilton Worldwide.
- Adaptability: The flexibility and willingness to adapt to new situations and to work flexible hours and respond under pressure situations.
- Teamwork: The ability to be collaborative with colleagues, superiors, and other departments and the willingness to support any team member to construct a strong group spirit. I can “make it right” with the contribution of my colleagues, not only by myself.
- Dependability: The ability to project confidence and develop a reliable attitude.
- Productivity: The ability to perform with the right attitude being resolute and trying to be effective.
- Quality: The ability to do what expected with a positive attitude and, when the chance comes, to go beyond, by being anticipative and resolving problems that arise.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day and our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement.
As an employee, you will become a member of the GO Hilton program, which provides reduced room rates in all our hotels WORLDWIDE, which means you can choose out of over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and all this not only for yourself but off course to share with your friends and family as well. You will also, receive a discount on room rates but also 50% off on Food & Beverage.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!