Job Requirements Canopy by Hilton Toronto Yorkville – Canada’s first Canopy by Hilton! What an exciting time to weave a new fabric into the vibrant neighbourhood of downtown Toronto!
Canopy by Hilton resides within the Lifestyle realm of Hilton Hotels, embodying refined comfort and design, with a sharp connectivity to the neighborhood it calls Home. Five essential
aspects Canopy embraces for total guest experience, include: Energizing Comfort, More Included Value, Surprising Extras, The Just Right Room, and Local Know-How.
Culture is key at Canopy, with team members known as “friendly enthusiasts”,
who engage guests, always going above and beyond, to make stays memorable and thoughtful. Relationships with area partners showcase Canopy’s expertise in local know-how, crafting unique experiences tailored for every guest.
Attention to detail and an energetic environment ensures Canopy’s “Positively Yours”
service culture is a kept Brand promise, delivering a consistent “positive stay”,
where memories are made, and comfort is guaranteed.Canopy by Hilton Toronto Yorkville
184-room hotel with one restaurant, street level café, and over 3500 sq ft of meeting space, located in one of the most exclusive and sought-after areas of downtown Toronto, Canada.Position Summary What will I be doing?
The Lead Engineering Enthusiast
also known as the Engineering Manager
, reporting to the General Manager. Job Overview
Direct the engineering/maintenance operations of the hotel to ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and employees and to ensure compliance with all Brand and federal, provincial and/or local regulatory and inspection requirements. May have responsibility for the Loss Prevention function.Responsibilities and Duties
Your experience and skills include: ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Direct the daily activities of the department. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Recommend disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions by Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Educate/train employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all federal, provincial, and local laws and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies, or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Oversee the physical operations of the hotel, including maintenance and repair of interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool if applicable, etc.
- Ensure the execution and achievement of the hotel’s preventive maintenance program goals (e.g., Holi-Kare).
- Establish and maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., (2) replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste.
- Respond courteously and promptly to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Monitor budget and control expenses within all areas of the department. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and Capital plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Ensures all maintenance and repairs are completed on a timely, cost-effective basis and according to specifications.
- May be responsible for determining the security requirements necessary to ensure that hotel property, employees, and guests are protected against theft, crime, and other hazards, and/or manage the relationship with a third-party security firm contracted for such purposes.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- Responsible for the safety of the department and building
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, discuss pricing or service issues, resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Contractors – to obtain and review bids
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- May assist with other duties as assigned and may serve as “manager on duty” as required.
This is the lead Maintenance/Engineering job in a full-service hotel with multiple areas and facilities, several outlets, and many VIP and key guests. Supervises a staff of maintenance/engineering tradespersons with specialized expertise in a field or discipline such as plumbing, carpentry, etc. Oversees subordinate staff and supervisors.QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Some college or advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance and/or Some college or advanced vocational training plus six years of experience in general building maintenance/ and/or construction and supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel experience preferred. Professional certification and license if required by law. Minimum level 3 EPA Certification for refrigerant reclaim.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Remain stationary for extended periods
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and crawling
Work Area: All areas of the facility.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields. Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
At Canopy by Hilton Toronto Yorkville, we believe when you take a vacation, it makes a positive impact on performance, wellness, culture, productivity, and retention. In fact, research shows that team members who take vacations tend to perform better at work and that vacations contribute to overall family harmony. About Hilton:
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
Quality Productivity Dependability Customer Focus Adaptability About Easton’s:
The Easton’s Group of Hotels has grown into a major force in the hospitality and service industry across Canada Its flagship hotels include industry – renowned brands such as Marriott/Starwood, Hilton and IHG. With a dynamic leadership team and an abiding passion for excellence, the company is aggressively expanding to new locations with diverse offerings for the demanding business and leisure traveler.
In the highly competitive hotel industry, Easton’s Group’s core advantages are prime locations, premium quality, and superb service. Every Easton’s Group hotel is located to cater to the needs of its clientele while being on the cutting edge of offering the best advantages to its guests. Whether it’s the downtown Toronto hotels that are just steps to major offices, banks, subways, theatre and cultural hotspots, or the Vaughan properties that are close to the area’s main tourist attractions like Canada’s Wonderland or Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre.Disclaimer
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.