***This position will be Remote based***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a Lead Infrastructure Platform Engineer to help lead our organization’s infrastructure deployment to the public cloud. You will be a key leadership role that will be responsible for leading day-to-day network direction of the cloud architecture team, building automation processes, and engaging with teams using cloud technologies.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and deliver innovative and high-quality solutions for public cloud initiatives.
- Consult with various teams across the enterprise to ensure the proper architectures are in place for teams migrating to the cloud.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Good hands on and relevant and active engagement with the AWS components
- Solid experience with Terraform and Shell scripts
- Experience deploying cloud-based data analytics platforms
- Strong System Administration Skills in both Microsoft and Linux Environments
- Hands-on exposure with Agile processes
- Experience with Automation Frameworks
- Solid grasp of technology design patterns
- Passion and knowledge of building products accessible to everyone, regardless of the platform
- A track record of managing innovation, developing and applying creative solutions to business problems, anticipating situations and needs, and finding flexible answers to new situations
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of interfacing with both engineers and business partners
- Communication skills for motivating, persuading and challenging business objectives to drive high performance solutions meeting customer needs
- Must be a strong team leader and have good interpersonal skills that can develop, demonstrate, and promote excellence in a team environment
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products and willing to accept responsibility and accountability
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Six (6) years of professional experience in technology or a related field
- Five (5) years of experience managing large scalable AWS software environments
- Four (4) years of software/platform design and implementation experience
- Two (2) years of public cloud experience
- Strong experience with Linux/Unix administration
- Direct experience with Ansible and Terraform
- Business travel of approximately 5%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree with six (6+) years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED with twelve (12+) years of Technology related experience
- Nine (9) or more years of professional experience in technology or a related field
- Two (2) years of experience in Hadoop technology
- Experience automating manual processes in a large-scale environment
- Experience across multiple public clouds
- Relation Database experience with on premise and cloud solutions
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.