*** The location for this position is virtual/remote ***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Connected Room that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing:
The Lead Software Engineer will design and develop technical solutions on the Guest Experience Manager instance of Salesforce. The Lead SE will work closely with the Solutions Architect, business stakeholders, and other Software Engineers to translate business requirements into functional applications. The Lead SE will also work on optimizations to the existing codebase and system architecture, with a focus on improving operational efficiency.
- Function as the technical lead for Salesforce-related development projects
- Work with internal partners to understand requirements, build functional design documentation, and develop technology solutions that align with business goals
- Design, develop, test and implement highly customized Salesforce applications
- Maintain existing codebase and find opportunities for performance and feature improvements
- Work on technical issues and resolve bugs reported by users
- Produce and maintain technical design documentation
What are we looking for:
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Knowledge of Lightning Experience configuration, features, and architecture
- Strong knowledge of data modeling concepts and database design
- Experience implementing Salesforce Communities
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with external systems using the Salesforce.com API, as well as third-party integration tools (marketing automation, business intelligence, ETL)
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Java and C#
- Experience with relational database management systems such as MS SQL and Oracle
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional work experience in Technology or a related field
- Three (3) years of experience in a lifecycle software development role
- Three (3) years of experience developing custom applications on the Salesforce platform using Apex, Visualforce, SOQL, Triggers, Workflows, and Process Builder
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus six (6+) years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus twelve (12+) years of Technology related experience
- Nine (9)+ years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
- Five (5)+ years of specialized experience in Salesforce.com platform development
- Salesforce certifications preferred
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For Colorado applicants only: The annual salary range for this role starts at $81,000 amount and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.
Other suggested jobs
- Security Officer - $500 SIGN ON BONUSSeattle, WA, United States
- Mini Bar Attendant - Conrad Fort Lauderdale BeachFort Lauderdale, FL, United States
- Sous Chef - Waldorf Astoria Park CityPark City, UT, United States
- Front Desk Agent - (P/T) Hilton Fort LauderdaleFort Lauderdale, FL, United States
- Guest Service Agent - Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert ParkRohnert Park, CA, United States