Start a rewarding hospitality career with Hilton, a certified 2018 Great Place to Work®!
Hilton Portland's HopCity Market is seeking a friendly, outgoing, reliable coffee professional with strong attention to detail to join us as Grab & Go Coffee Attendant! Perks of joining our team include affordable comprehensive health insurance, increases after 90 and 180 days, and the best employee travel program in the industry!
As a Hilton Team Member, you are eligible for:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus
30 for your friends/family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time programs
- Free employee meals
- 50% discounted monthly TriMet passes
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Assistance
We are seeking motivated and hospitality-minded Team Members
- Are proficient with a point of sale (POS) system
- Have previous experience working with coffee
- Display a positive, outgoing demeanor and enjoy working with people
- Can work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays (8 hour shift between 5am - 9pm)
This is a union position with a starting pay rate of $18.30/hour. What will I be doing?
While meeting guests from all over the world who visit HopCity Market, you would be responsible for greeting and serving guests beverages and/or food in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for? Education:
- Greet guests and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Brew, sell, promote and prepare beverages according to established recipes and standards
- Take guest beverage orders and accurately input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Maintains cleanliness of work area/outlet
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Requisition, stock and rotate products
- Secure and store all beverages, food and other equipment items
- Deposit cash drops, secure and balance bank and sign out/in keys
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Experience:
Minimum of one (1) year experience in a coffee shop/barista position is required
Guest relations/service experience preferred
Computer Skills --POS proficiency preferredLicenses or Certificates:
Food Service Sanitation certification required. OLCC service permit required.
CPR/1st Aid certification preferred. Grooming:
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available). Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reaches overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to work and stand in a confined space for long periods of time.
- Ability to work under pressure in an orderly and organized fashion while in a fast- paced, high-volume customer service environment.
- Ability to operate beverage, espresso grinder, espresso maker, and toast equipment
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!