The Embassy Suites Oxnard Mandalay Beach, a beachfront resort property, is transitioning to an upscale hotel brand within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio in June 2022!
The team is looking for a dynamic Marketing Manager to join their amazing team! The ideal candidate is local to the area or within the LA Market. Come be a part of this amazing transition with one of the Top performing resorts, and grow your career!
What Will I Be Doing?
The Marketing Manager leads all Marketing Planning & Execution strategies for the hotel including the development, management, execution and measurement of all aspects of the marketing/branding strategies; including but not limited to Marketing Budgets, Social Media, Websites, Digital & Print Advertising, Collateral, Video/Photography Assets, etc. that maximizes exposure in order to achieve budget, increase revenue, and market share targets. The position may also act as a liaison between the hotel and regional marketing support, outside agencies and contracted vendors/service providers. Requires extensive and regular interaction with hotel’s executive committee members.
Keys to Success:
Builds a close alignment with on-property, regional, and brand marketing teams.
Successfully executes the tactical elements of the annual marketing plan.
Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
Has a passion for learning and staying on the cutting edge of new digital strategies, trends and technologies.
Highly adaptable to seasonality and conflicting priorities.
Marketing Planning & Strategy
- Branding & Positioning: Leads the execution of all messaging, positioning and marketing strategies. Helps deliver content that meets brand standards.
- Plan & Budget: Leads the development of strategic marketing plans. Marketing plans should be annual, monthly and by segment of deployment inclusive of cost, deployment strategies (print, digital, and/or social media) through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
- Agency Point of Contact: May be responsible as the day-to-day agency point of contact to ensure execution of plan. (if agency support exists)
- Internal Partnerships: May work/liaison with internal corporate partners, including but not limited to Brand, Destination, and MEC.
Tactical Marketing Execution & Analysis
- eCommerce: Executes eCommerce campaigns to support the hotel strategic marketing plans working within the established budgets. This includes (but is not limited to) email, paid media, social media, online listings, and SEO/SEM. Tracks and analyzes success of marketing campaigns and adjusts marketing strategies/budgets where needed based on performance metrics.
- Project Management: Manages the development of creative (in coordination with an agency where applicable) for all marketing initiatives, ensures timely media placement and coordination of production/materials deadlines, in addition to, project expense management.
- Website Content: Manages Brand.com and vanity website (Where applicable) content, including upkeep of images, special offers, landing pages and other site content enhancements and requirements. Responsible for ensuring all legal and security requirements are maintained on the vanity site.
- Third Party Site Management: Maintains all imagery and content within 3rd party sites, including but not limited to: Expedia, Booking.com, TripAdvisor, and all Social Media websites.
- Content & Asset Management: Identifies visual asset needs and coordinates all photo & video shoots as needed.
- Reporting: Pulls ad-hoc reports requested by leadership to assist with ownership and/or corporate meetings.
Meetings, Presentations and Reports
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in preparation for all strategic meetings, including weekly and/or monthly hotel executive committee meetings, ownership reviews and corporate hotel reviews.
- Prepares marketing activity reports on regular cadence and on an as needed basis.
- Provides analysis to Director of Sales & Marketing where necessary to support the development of the annual business plan and on-going measurements.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participates in task forces, committees and cluster groups as requested.
- Participates where appropriate in related trade/business related functions, events, conferences and workshops.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!