The Global Legal team is responsible for administering Hilton's legal activities to ensure maximum protection while engaging in global business and ensuring compliance with the company's legal obligations.What will I be doing?
As the Paralegal, Brands and Contract Support, you will be a member of the Brands Legal Team, which supports the Brands, Marketing, Loyalty, Communications, Owner Relations, Procurement, and Intellectual Property areas of the business. You will provide broad support to the team, including information and document management, budgeting, and research projects. You will also interact with the business in providing advice, collecting information, and reviewing materials and contracts, such as brand standards, intellectual property, or basic contract reviews.
Your superpower will be the ability to organize and drive efficiencies. You will be proficient with a spreadsheet and comfortable driving organization, but also curious and excited to drive new ways of working and adopting new technology. You will enjoy coordinating and collaborating with other departments and with those within legal. Your drive will be to seek out information and solve problems.
This is a position with a great opportunity to learn and grow within the organization.
More specifically, your responsibilities will be:
What are we looking for?
- Assisting the team in creating and/or managing documents, information, and/or contract repositories. Working with other functional teams, employing best-in-class solutions to maintain and analyze information, including the evaluation and employment of new technologies.
- Managing contract intake and review processes for contract and other legal reviews.
- Assisting in the creation of annual budgeting and actively handling budgets and forecasts.
- Reviewing of business documents to issue-spot potential legal concerns and provide advice to business partners in consultation with an attorney.
- Supporting various projects, including those related to the maintenance and enforcement of intellectual property.
- Reviewing basic legal documents (such as NDAs) in consultation with an attorney.
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communications skills
- Ability to perform well under deadline pressure and project timelines
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills with utmost attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems effectively and creatively, while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
- Forward-thinking self-starter who exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment, dependability, and ambitiousness
- An accountable individual who make great use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results, and recommending improvements
- Leadership approach with the skills for building positive relationships and partnering with cross-functional teams
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Two (2) years of experience working in a corporate environment and/or law firm.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Teams, etc.).
What is it like working for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in a legal environment
- Contract drafting experience
- Experience in contract or document management systems
- Budgeting experience
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton
: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands
. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits
such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive
environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog
to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.