As a Pastry Cook, you would be responsible creating, preparing, producing and baking all pastries, breads, rolls and desserts for food and beverage outlets in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare pastry food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards
- Stock, maintain and ensure proper storage and refrigeration of an adequate supply of all prepared product
- Develop new products for a-la-carte and catering menus, as needed
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Display and set baked products on mobile carts according to specifications
- Prepare daily requisitions for supplies and food items
- Strong English language/communication skills
- 1-3 years pastry experience
- In-depth knowledge of food and preparation
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision at times; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- 5 Star restaurant experience (strongly preferred)
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Other suggested jobs
- Assistant Executive Housekeeper - FranchiseSurprise, AZ, United States
- Director of Sales - FranchiseSan Luis Obispo, CA, United States
- Director of Operations - FranchiseHawaii, United States
- Restaurant Manager - FranchiseSan Luis Obispo, CA, United States
- Restaurant Chef - Hilton Houston AmericasHouston, TX, United States