About the job
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Revenue Manager is responsible for meeting, exceeding and maximizing the revenue potential goal of the hotel. This role maximizes occupancy and room rates at all times, implementing an effective rate structure and maintaining a consistently high standard of operation and customer service within the group, and individual reservations departments. He / she has a direct line of authority over all Reservations Sales Agents within the hotel and a liaison role with Sales and all other departments.
What will I be doing?
As the Revenue Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Ensure successful commercial strategy is laid out in terms of hotel product (rooms, banquet, restaurants) availability.
• Adjust strategy according to market trend to achieve a maximization of rooms sales and revenue for the hotel.
• Assist the Commercial Director to finish all departments’ revenue budgets.
• According to hotel reservations, complete the weekly and monthly rolling forecast.
• Organize the weekly revenue meeting, making sure all sales strategies are executed and supervise sales and marketing actions.
• Ensure that the department operates with a sales attitude and all personnel are aware of sales opportunities within the hotel that will assist with the maximization of revenue.
• Develop the Reservations and Group & Tour teams to maximize revenue on all enquiries.
• Apply an aggressive overbooking policy and educate team to accept through benefits of results achieved, adhering or escalating to the Regional Revenue Manager if overbooking decisions are too soft or aggressive.
• Maintain a consistent selling strategy across IDeaS Yield, Fidelio Front Office, Delphi and HILSTAR, ensuring maximum use of availability controls in all systems.
• Maintain accurate ongoing records of controls applied to all systems.
• Evaluate the daily revenue and market confidence, giving suggestions of price and strategy adjustments to the Commercial Director.
• Ensure that all revenue opportunities in Fidelio Front Office & MICROS, Hilstar, HRW & GDS, etc. are exploited by developing and maintaining knowledge of the systems and the commercial application of them.
• Audit operating standards and procedures in the Reservations and Group & Tour departments to ensure that they comply with company practices.
• Ensure that accurate advance booking count and forecasting are carried out.
• Ensure effective room price system and accurate room price data base.
• Carry out all interviews for department team members, ensuring that departmental orientation is carried out for new members of the team, supervise trainings, training schedules, records and corrective /re-training.
• Ensure all department members benefit from work trackers and department meetings.
• Implement a full training plan within the Reservations team to develop all personnel to their full potential.
• Conduct annual appraisals with all team members as means of development and actively develop team members’ skills and performance through coaching and training.
• Schedule annual leave during low demand periods to maximize payroll savings.
• Monitor manual or automated yield systems and validate that yield actions are consistent with both property and market conditions, escalating any concerns to the Regional Revenue Manager.
• Complete and analyze month-end / quarter-end and year-end reports.
• Adhere to departmental operating expenses as laid out in the plan / forecast.
• Comply with all company policies relating to rate and space decisions.
• Comply with all systems and procedures laid down by the Director of Sales & Marketing / Director of Business Development.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
A Revenue Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Hospitality: We are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experience.
• Integrity: We do the right thing all the time.
• Leadership: We are leaders in industry and our communities.
• Teamwork: We are team players in everything we do.
• Ownership: We are owners of our actions and decisions.
• Now: We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
• University graduate.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar capacity with international chain hotels.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese to meet business needs.
• Good communication, organizational and presentation skills.
• Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Knowledgeable and skilled in crisis management.
• An innovative self-starter with high motivation.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Department: Revenue Management