Hilton’s Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton’s “commercial engine” and are key to Hilton’s ability to drive profitable growth!
What will I be doing?
The Senior Commercial Director of Full Service will drive innovative business strategies that deliver market leading performance for the Full Service brand category hotels through leadership of the Commercial Focus process.
This leader will exercise good judgment in the development of commercial strategy, influencing key cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Revenue, Marketing) to drive execution of strategy to achieve commercial performance objectives across all business segments of Full-Service brand hotels. This includes but is not limited to development and communication of company commercial strategies and standards through a structured commercial cadence and analysis of brand revenue and market share performance against established goals.
Partnering with global brand & category leadership this position will serve as the commercial leader of their business by facilitating the delivery of the respective commercial plan, integrating the business processes with other Commercial functions.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and lead the commercial strategy from planning through to execution using the Hilton Commercial Focus process.
- Champion cross-functional team of commercial leaders ensuring visibility, relevance, and timeliness of articulating commercial performance targets, potential gaps, and commercial strategy plan progress.
- Develop annual multi-year performance targets by brand, region, segment and market.
- Build short, medium - & long-term strategy and plan to deliver sustained above market revenue and market share performance across the brands, through a partnership with the commercial leadership.
- Engage and partner with global Full Service brand leadership, providing a single point of commercial performance accountability and driving the commercial strategy for their brands.
- Improve and coordinate programs aimed at driving hotels into key commercial platforms (i.e. RMCC, LMS, ResMax).
- Actively engage enterprise commercial performance teams to connect the performance needs of the hotels with the performance drivers within the enterprise commercial teams.
- Advocate Brand specificity among all Commercial functions.
- Sequentially communicate and report out performance needs and performance plans.
- Facilitate Category Commercial Focus and actively participate in other performance meetings.
- Accountable for performance reporting for Full Service brand hotels (i.e. status callouts).
- Accountable for commercial activity reporting for brand hotels (i.e. response plans).
- Maintain deep understanding of current industry trends and potential risks, actively crafts strategies to counter the potential negative impact, develop strategies to benefit from potential positive impacts, while memorializes the results.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong leadership, communication, networking and analytical skills
- Ability to perform critical analysis
- Highly professional presentations and communications (oral and written) skills
Success depends on working closely with the following positions!
- Global Heads of the Full Service brands
- Brand Sales Enablement & Optimization
- Hilton Worldwide Sales leadership
- Brand Management and Owner Support
- Marketing, including Destination/ECG
- Revenue Management leadership (Franchised and Managed)
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years in revenue management, sales, marketing, or analytical roles
- Five (5) years cross-functional experience in hotel management, or related industry. Cross-brand or product line experience preferred
- Four (4) years of management experience
- Can travel on short notice and adaptable to schedule changes. There is potential for significant travel (30%+)
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS/Master’s Degree
- Ten (10) in revenue management, sales, marketing, or analytical roles
- Seven (7) years of management experience
- Adaptable experience with business strategy, business planning, and business plan development
- Strong experience in large matrix organizations
- Knowledge of Hilton software programs
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.