From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Connected Room that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Manager Technology Field Services will provide leadership and support to the cluster organization in implementing and supporting technology solutions. This Team Member will be responsible for leading all aspects of and providing direction for technology applications, communications (voice and data), and computing services at assigned properties. The Senior Manager Technology Field Services will ensure the implementation of technology is aligned with the overall technical vision of the corporation, meets the business standards of the hotels and streamlines operations while adhering to hardware and software standards.
The Senior Manager Technology Field Services will serve as a technical resource to the property executive team and assist in the escalation of complex IT issues and projects. The Team Member will effectively communicate with the executive teams of owned and handled properties, lead technology-related projects, and support and deliver IT Systems and procedures that align with Corporate and Brand IT standards. The Senior Manager Technology Field Services will be responsible for project management of all IT related functions for new openings and conversions of full-service owned and run properties.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Lead an internal organization of Field IT Managers, staffing levels and succession planning while fostering a spirit of customer service
- Review and approve all IT purchase orders and/or invoices, contracts and financials as defined by IT procurement and allocation processes
- Research and identify business opportunities for technology and report findings and conclusions via weekly status report of your activities for your hotels and cluster
- Establish priorities and delegate work to Team Members accordingly, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources
- Work with key partners and departments, structuring the resources and activities of the IT Field team so objectives are accomplished
- Disseminate, coordinate, and communicate regarding assignments and projects within the Field IT team and upper management
- Handle the objectives for the Field IT team and how those objectives are going to be accomplished
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Project handles all IT-related functions for new openings and conversions of full-service owned and handled properties
- Implement and lead IT Field Service departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives of the department are carried out in accordance with department and company objectives
- Meet weekly with direct reports to review status and planned activities
- Coordinate the development and administration of hotel IT systems
- Provide direction and directives to the Field IT Team Members on the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and achieving management objectives
- Communicate important and necessary information to Team Members via email, memos, reports and/or phone calls
- Direct staff (direct reports, Team Members) to accomplish the organization’s mission, goals and objectives through motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership
- Manage third party vendor relationships; identify preferred vendors, negotiate and monitor the quality and cost of services
- Use effective partnerships with preferred vendors, corporate IT, and Hotel Team Members
- Inform upper management of department’s progress and advise them on key issues to help the decision making process
- Provide direction and leadership to Team Members within the defined IT support functions
- Complete annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Collaborate with HR on the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, and developing of Team Members
- Work with direct reports to help set goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives
- Conduct staff and user training sessions, as required
- Oversee proper controls to ensure that hotels follow SOX, PCI and PABP security requirements
- Oversee and evaluate systems to ensure hotels align with corporate and brand standards
- Own and lead IT-related projects (process, function, budgets, etc.)
- Assess actual performance against standards to determine whether the cluster (department, team, project) is on target to reach goals and take corrective actions as necessary
- Ensure the business plan is being followed, goals are being achieved and provide feedback as appropriate
- Implement policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the department and Company
- Operate within established budgetary parameters
- Administrator of cluster team web site; ensure the cluster team updates and maintains documentation for each cluster property in the Eastern Cluster
- Monitor cluster support tickets to ensure issues are being resolved in a timely manner for the responsible area
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
- Willingness to travel (20 - 40%)
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associates Degree plus 7+ years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 12+ years of Technology related experience
- Twelve (12)+ years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.