The Senior Sales Manager Hilton Minneapolis for the Washington DC, VA, MD Market will prospect, book, and manage group business in market. The ideal candidate will be a team player with at least 2 years of group and Association full-service hotel sales experience. Hilton experience is an asset. The Senior Sales Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales.
The Hilton Minneapolis is a beautiful 861 room hotel connected to the heart of the city via skyway. We are the largest hotel in the city and the in the state!
Experience handling group bookings 100+ peak for the DC, VA, MD Market
2+ years full-service group hotel sales experience
What will I be doing?
Increase qualified group booking volume by developing key relationships with new accounts and growing production with assigned existing accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to sales inquiries from potential customers seeking sleeping rooms, meeting space, food and beverage services, etc.
- Methodically solicit potential clients for future business on an on-going basis.
- Establish and maintain visibility with accounts.
- Determine rates, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, and analyze lost business.
- Plan and execute site inspections on property as required.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual group sales goals.
- Conduct outside sales calls and polished presentations to local companies.
- Attend hotel and industry related functions and tradeshows.
- Entertain potential and existing clientele to develop and maintain relationships.
- Communicate clearly and accurately (verbally or non-verbally) in a pleasant manner.
- Show competence by completing job responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate an ability to follow a prescribed sequence of service with each encounter.
- Take initiative, be willing to assume responsibility for exceeding guests’ expectations.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!