Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
is looking for a Server Assistant
to join the team at our signature restaurant, Jean-Georges
! This is an amazing opportunity to not only join one of the world's largest hospitality companies but also one of the most diverse and renowned restaurant groups in the world.
This Forbes 5-Star property has 170 rooms, 6,300 square feet of banquet space, and 4 food and beverage outlets.This includes 2 restaurants, lobby lounge, and in-room dining.
This is Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten's first restaurant on the west coast offering a collection of contemporary California culinary delights, combining new taste sensations as well as much-loved selections from his famed New York City restaurants and beyond.
Want to learn more? Hotel Website , Hotel Instagram , Jean-Georges Group, Restaurant Instagram , Restaurant Facebook What will I be doing?
- Classification: Full-Time
- Shift: Various - must have availability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays
As a Server Assistant, you would be responsible for setting and clearing dining tables and stocking service stations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Set and prepare tables for dining, including, but not limited to, folding napkins, cleaning and placing tableware, serving water, etc.
- Ensure tableware is in good and working condition and report any defects for repair
- Stock, maintain and clean designated food station(s)
- Assist food server(s) with table service, including, but not limited to, serving beverages, breads, etc.
- Retrieve and transport dirty tableware to dishwashing area
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Clears dirty table settings and prepares table for resetting. Resets all service ware as prescribed.
- Serves guests beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience.
- Transports all dirty tableware to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
*Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement if applicable. Pay Range: The hourly rate is $16.50 - $19.50 per hour plus tips and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
- Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family
- Mental Health Resources
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Supportive parental leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs