The Vice President Rooms Operations, Virgin Hotels Las Vegas Curio Collection position is aligned with Hotel Manager level and scope.
Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new, or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Should you choose to accept it…
We want someone who thinks outside the box. Our Belief Statement starts with “We love what we do and what we do is important.” Every single teammate in our hotel is valued and we expect our guests to feel the same way. This isn’t a walk in the park, but if you are passionate about people, share our quirky sense of humor, and are able to see beyond the traditional scope of leading a hotel team, then this just might be the right role for you.
We deliver outstanding guest service to our guests and the team by offering timely, efficient, knowledgeable, warm and truly remarkable service. We achieve that magical environment by assisting our guests with their hotel experience while engaging them with our personalized service. Enthusiastically using our talents to sell our experience to our guests. Ensuring teammates are fully informed about our resort & city events, to be a source of information for our guests. Using tact and creativity to handle each guest concern to make sure everyone leaves our resort feeling better.
What exactly you will be doing…
This position reports directly to the hotel General Manager. In helping you understand your role, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks by your supervisors/managers not listed below in the constant quest to provide “out of this world” customer service experience for our guests:
- Train, train, train! It all starts here. You are responsible for building a team of talented individuals who never let the ball drop. This means creating and monitoring a consistent training program that keeps the team on their toes. The initial training program must prepare our new members for what lies ahead and set them up for success. Then you follow up with daily, weekly and monthly lessons to keep everyone learning and growing.
- Be responsible for the leadership, strategy and financial performance of the Hotel Operations departments.
- Lead a flock of passionate Hotel Operations teammates, including Front Office ”Junction”, Front Services, Valet, PBX, VIP Services, EVS, Housekeeping and Spa, that aims to deliver exceptional guest experiences, while performing within financial guidelines.
- Be the champion of maintaining the Virgin “Tone of Voice,” culture & level of standards. Teach your staff the proper culture and always lead by example.
- This is not an office job! How can you know what is happening on the floor or with a guest if you are not present? Information should flow through you to the staff, not the other way around. Although you lead your team through the process of troubleshooting and you empower them to resolve upset, you are still actively involved in the solution. Your presence to guests and team is actively seen on the floor.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of all hotel operations’ technical systems.
- Ensure the team maintains a clean, hygienic and organized work environment.
- Monitor and track the flow of information coming to you from your superiors and peers in all areas of the resort including culinary, entertainment and gaming. Be highly involved in decisions and communication on the floor and share results with fellow teammates and superiors.
- Ensure all guest questions & requests are completed & followed up on while executing fabulous guest service.
- Be creative and think outside the box to create memorable experiences for our guests.
- Ensure that staff works well on a team or independently, while being accountable for work performed. Build a strong working culture among team members.
- Be a team player!
- Continually strive to improve customer service.
- Highly organized, anticipating needs and over-delivering wherever possible.
- Must be enthusiastic, passionate and possess a wicked sense of humor!
What qualities are we looking for?
Education & Experience:
- Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United States
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years of leadership experience in the hospitality, rooms division industry; or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Ability to communicate in English clearly and pleasantly with guests, management/co-workers and ownership group, both in person and in writing
- Proficient computer knowledge
Candidates must have the ability to:
- Work a shift other than a day shift, such as pm, swing, or overnight shift
- Work on weekends and holidays
- Stand for periods of 8-10 hours
- Understand guest inquiries and provide clear, concise responses
- Work with others like a Rockstar, while constantly advocating for your guests
- Mentality of service minded and taking responsibility beyond direct duties
- Strong knowledge of hotel systems
- Strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success
- Sound ability and knowledge to develop standards of operations and strategic processes
- Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests, teammates and hotel information
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance
- Bend, squat and stretch in areas of limited space to perform cleaning, organization and other duties
- Adhere to all established policies including but not limited to attendance, safety and behavio
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!