This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Gopalco, Inc. is a growing hospitality development and management company based in Colorado. We are looking for a qualified, energetic, goal-oriented General Manager for our property in the Castle Rock/ Denver Area. As General Manager you’ll provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
Ownership is dedicated to providing the best possible guest accommodation experience and employee working environment.
The General Manager will be responsible for the successful operation and administration of all hotel departments by meeting and exceeding in all areas including:
- Overall management responsibility for the operation of the hotels including profitability, customer service, product quality, and overall cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel properties. Inspire, motivate and create a customer focus and sales oriented environment within every department to drive excellence in customer satisfaction, market reputation, associate engagement, overall financial excellence and owner satisfaction.
- To support our Core Values and our efforts to exceed customer expectations. You should champion and lead this culture in every touch point of our business from our associates, customers, owners and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote on a daily basis will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence.
- Represent yourself, the hotel and Gopalco Inc. with the highest level of integrity. Lead all associates by utilizing a participative style: be available and maintain open communications with associates, coordinate the operation of each department, and assist in identifying problems and solutions. Display a neat, clean and business-like appearance at all times. Represent the hotels within the local community, positioning the hotels as a good corporate citizen that is involved and supportive of community affairs.
- Through leadership and example, establish a friendly, courteous, service-oriented approach to guests that is exhibited by all hotel associates. Ensure prompt and appropriate response to resolve guest concerns to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality. Engage with guests to discover / resolve any issues. Regularly interact with guests during the Breakfast hours.
- Implement Company and Brand programs and manage the operations of the hotel in a manner consistent with federal and state laws and regulations and company policies and procedures. Regular personal inspection of all areas of the property. Assure that an on-going Deep Cleaning and Preventive Maintenance program is followed at the property.
Must have previous successful General Manager experience at a nationally branded hotel. Previous experience with IHG, Hilton or Marriott properties is desirable. Skills / Experience needed include, but not limited to:
- 3 years hotel management experience required.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Experience with Opera or OnQ preferred.
- Experience with Medallia preferred.
- Excellent communication, time management, and leadership skills. Must be comfortable and have ability to engage with guests, staff, vendors, management and ownership.
- Experience with payroll and revenue management. Achieve or exceed budgeted goals in sales and profitability with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Excellent speech and written skills in order to communicate with managers, customers and associates. Must have excellent literacy skills necessary for reports, policies and procedures. Must have a good working knowledge of all positions at the hotel and able to perform in any position if needed.
- Be able to understand and follow verbal/written instruction; work on more than one task at a time; develop strong internal and customer relationships; set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance; solve problems and make sound business decisions.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical (partial employer paid) and dental coverage
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
NOTES: Local candidates strongly preferred. There is no relocation assistance for this position. Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screening.
- Job type
- Castle Rock, CO, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract