The Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family, one of the world’s leading hotel companies with a presence in almost 100 countries.
At Holiday Inn® our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. And because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
· Assist in managing all aspects of the front office areas which may include but is not limited to guest registration, bell services, concierge services, business center, telephone services, and guest reservations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability. Adhere to all brand standards and desk merchandising. Serve as Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
At Holiday Inn we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need you to:
· Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
· Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
· Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
· Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of their duties
· Assist Front Office Manager in execution of the management of staff
· Monitor Front Office personnel to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition
· Monitor Front Office and particularly Guest Relations personnel, to ensure ICHG members, known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
· Control the availability of rooms, rooms types, accuracy of room count and rate categories
· Maximize occupancy, revenue and average rate while maintaining high service standards
· Liaise with Housekeeping Department to ensure room image is maintained and the “Room Ready on Arrival” policy is adhered to
· Turn away guests if occupancies deem it necessary ensuring no good-will is lost
· Liaise closely with Executive Housekeeper to ensure special guest needs, amenities and other room related requests are met
· Be aware of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
· Know system recovery procedures
· Interpret computer reports
· Compile statistics for front office and provide reports relating to that area
· Continually check the accuracy of room count
· Approve upgrades and special amenities in absence of manager
· Maintain inter-departmental relationships to ensure seamless customer service
· Inspect frequently for cleanliness and orderliness, the lobby, reception and cashier’s desk and, on a random basis, VIP rooms prior to arrival
· Assist in the preparation of efficient work schedule for Front Office Staff, arranging holidays and vacation, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals or departures
· Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of departmental employees
· Provide input for Front Office Departmental Meetings and deputizes in cases of absence
· Promote Inter-hotel sales and in house facilities
· Works with Superior and Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Superior and Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Required Skills –
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Good writing skills
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Front Office System
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
· Strong Leadership skills in managing teams
· Ability to manage complex relationships
· Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent.
· 2 years of guest service / hotel experience with one year in a management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation.
- Job type
- Hua Hin, Thailand
- Starting in
- As soon as possible