This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
The Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley is a full-service hotel featuring 354 guestrooms with 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. We are located within 1.5 miles of the San Jose International Airport, as well as a short distance from downtown San Jose. Join our Holiday Inn family during an exciting time as we completely upgrade and expand our restaurant, bar, and public space. Our contemporary hotel offers a plethora of amenities including room service, recently updated fitness center, complimentary airport shuttle and an outdoor pool.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the hotel to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained according to brand and company established guidelines.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction and investigates guest complaints.
- Takes immediate actions on problems that are encountered in the Housekeeping Department.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing proper standards and procedures for housekeeping staff as to brand and company standards.
- Responsible for inspecting and evaluating physical condition of guestrooms and public area product.
- Responsible for inventories of guest supplies and amenities including equipment on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for training all housekeeping and laundry staff according to expectations and standards.
- Provides team members with the tools they need to perform their jobs.
- Interviews and hires new personnel when needed.
- Evaluates staff performance on a ninety (90) day and annual basis.
- Participates and assumes responsibility for all housekeeping reviews, hires, job transfers, warning notices, counseling sessions and terminations.
- Responsible for the Supervision the operation of linen, uniform, supply and storage rooms.
- Responsible for installing inventory controls for uniforms, linens and supplies to be monitored by issuance procedures and purchasing.
- Orders requisitions and keeps a perpetual inventory of supplies needed to perform the operating functions of that department.
- Maintains an accurate record of all merchandise purchased and received to ensure proper invoicing.
- Researches and evaluates new products and methods to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for documenting needs of the department to furnish management with budget requests.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring and making adjustments in order to comply with energy conservation program management.
- Responsible for key control.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees are satisfied in current position and that we are focused on their development.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling the operating budget.
- Ensures that budgeted goals are met or exceeded.
- Ensures all paperwork needed by Accounting and other departments for the correct assessment of monies spent daily and product control is finished correctly and turned in timely.
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance in regards to building, furniture, fixture, and equipment.
- Responsible for evaluating condition of furniture, fixtures, décor and make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
- Responsible for updating all safety procedures.
- Responsible for planning and conducting staff meetings and attend various other related meetings throughout hotel.
- Responsible for providing assistance and instruction to employees and makes routine hiring decisions.
- Communicates daily with other management, and department heads and employees to ensure proper operating procedures are in compliance.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Responsible for participating on the hotel Safety Committee.
- Conducts monthly formal inspections in your department to identify hazards. Follow up with corrective actions.
- Ensures Security for the hotel''s customers, employees, and property assets.
- Enforces established policies and procedures for Dow Hotel Company and the hotel''s brand.
- Participates in schedules, evaluates and directs all Housekeeping and Laundry personnel.
- Follows up to ensure that routine projects are completed, i.e., carpet shampooing, wall-washing, rotation of mattress, etc.
- Reports all maintenance problems with his/her area of responsibility. Follows up on the repairs.
- Maintains excellent communication skills with the front office to ensure that there is coordination of their work to the daily arrival pattern.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the hotel''s Lost and Found Department.
- Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the Management Company organization.
- Responsible for following instructions and performing work as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Prior hotel management experience at a full-service hotel of similar size is required. Prior Union experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Must have knowledge of brand standards and corporate policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property
- Must have basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting.
- Must have exceptional supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with employees, vendors, and contractors.
- Must have the ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping service activities.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the hotel.
- Must have the ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system for room inventory control.
We offer competitive salary including PPO medical insurance, complimentary employee parking and meals, paid vacation & sick leave, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and discount hotel stays.
- Job type
- San Jose, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract