This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Located in the heart of Downtown Binghamton, the hotel is just steps from the Broome County Arena, terrific restaurants & shopping, and conveniently located to Binghamton University. The hotel offers 227 spacious guestrooms, over 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, and indoor pool, full-service restaurant with room service and numerous guest amenities.
The Holiday Inn Binghamton, one of Vista Property Management’s portfolio of hotels, is looking for candidates with prior sales management experience to perform duties in the Sales Department and support the operation of the hotel. We are currently seeking a proactive Sales Executive who will be responsible for developing and driving certain (TBD) market segments for our hotel. If you enjoy “the hunt” for prospects and developing relationships and have the ability to close the business we want to talk with you. The Holiday Inn Binghamton Hotel offers a competitive compensation package and a working environment that’s all about hospitality!
Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect and directly solicit meeting planners within assigned market segments.
- Perform outside calls/visits to local prospects and clients on a frequent and consistent basis.
- Achieve/exceed all solicitation goals through phone, personal visits and Internet communication channels.
- Work with the DOS and Vista Hospitality to develop an actionable and effective personal sales plan.
- Utilize various sales tools for pre-qualification of prospects within a variety of mini-segments.
- Manage personal accounts within the hotel’s CRM application using trace and other functions effectively.
- Prepare weekly reports and action plan updates as directed by the hotel’s executive team.
- Represent hotel at various events and trade shows (Some reimbursable travel required).
- Respond effectively and in a timely manner to incoming business leads.
- Help to provide the highest level of service to clients and guests through detailed property communications.
- Produce concise and effective proposals and meet follow-up deadlines at each stage of the sales process.
- Develop clear and accurate agreements and various client communications.
- Strong desire to be successful in hospitality sales by achieving/exceeding solicitation and production goals.
- A passion for sales involving qualification, solicitation and negotiating with clients and prospects.
- High attention to detail with an ability to communicate effectively and concise fully.
- Solid listening skills for fully determining client/prospect needs and wants.
- Polished personal presentation with a confident and hospitable personality.
- An ability to have some fun as a result of personal and team success!
- Two (2) or more years of sales (preferred).
- Knowledge of the “inner workings” of the hospitality industry
- Experience working with a Customer Relations Management (CRM) applications (ex. Delphi, SalesPro, ACT).
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Group Medical Bridge Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Lunches
- Job type
- Binghamton, NY, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract