InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) currently has an opening for a Room Service Server – representing an IHG company-managed hotel in San Francisco, the Holiday Inn Fisherman''s Wharf. Located in the heart of one of the world’s favorite cities, Fisherman’s Wharf is a premier destination, with over 19 million visitors per year. This position will deliver room service food and beverage orders to guest rooms and also assist in the maintenance of room service area and equipment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers and serves food and beverages to hotel guest’s room; sets up and serves the order in the guest’s room according to specifications in the food and beverage manual.
- Completes guest payment transactions as outlined in cash and charge procedures. Document legibly the guest’s order information on guest checks.
- Describe all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed. Work within policy to accommodate guest’s special food requests.
- Perform set-up and closing side-work; stock service station, make coffee, etc. Preset trays as necessary; prepare flatware “roll-ups”.
- Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate VIP deliveries with appropriate departments.
- Answer room service phones and record orders; utilize up-selling techniques to increase sales.
- Maintain tray control form for tray pick-up within one hour.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
InterContinental Hotels Group is a world leader in hospitality with over 3,500 hotels offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. Our award-winning brands satisfy the full spectrum of accommodation needs, ranging from luxury to extended stay with properties including InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Staybridge, Candlewood, Indigo, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express. All of our hotels have one thing in common: they are “Great Hotels Guests Love.” ©
IHG offers “Room to Grow”© meaning career opportunities to help talented people learn and advance. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you become part of our success, helping us to achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
Holiday Inn Fisherman''s Wharf offers 585 spacious guest rooms, perfect for travelers looking for full-service comforts. Amenities include an onsite restaurant and bar, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, concierge, bell-service, plus complimentary high-speed wireless internet access and onsite business center.
Best Location: Within a block of one another, Holiday Inn Fisherman''s Wharf is only steps from world-class attractions such as Pier 39, the famous Cable Cars, Ghirardelli Square and ferry service to Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge, not to mention the unique shops, restaurants and fun spots of Fisherman’s Wharf! Guests enjoy proximity to Chinatown, North Beach and Union Square shopping district with plenty of public transportation options right outside the door.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible