What''s your passion? Whether you are into sports, fashion or books, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
At the moment we''re looking for a Sales Manager to join our energetic, motivated and friendly team at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria.
The Sales Manager is responsible for all local sales activities, accounts, and meetings in line with the annual sales and marketing plan. They work in a Smart and savvy way to achieve hotel budgets. They are creative in their approach and work towards a successful hotel sales strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitors competitor’s activities and assists in marketing intelligence
- Aware of sales strategy and goals when selling to negotiate optimum rate for the benefit of the business
- Sells all facets of the hotel with a view to optimizing opportunities for revenue growth
- Monitors existing business and inputs into sales strategy meetings to maximize opportunities
- Grows existing business and establishes and pursues all appropriate leads
- Assesses sales and marketing data
- Stock control of collateral
- Works with Leadership team in the preparation and management of the Sales & Marketing budget
- Assist in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget.
- Manage key accounts and their hotel history
- Travel when required to promote the hotel and develop potential business
- Maintain regular contact with the IHG hotels in the immediate region and regional reservations
- Travel when required to promote the hotel and develop potential business.
- Interfaces with operations on a timely basis regarding future and existing needs for customers
- Work with other department managers to ensure proper staffing levels based on guest volume.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients
- Follows Holiday Inn Express behaviours when working with internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls, meeting with principals of target market
- Provides direction on, and conducts market research and analysis
- Develops and maintains contact business generators, meeting, and convention planners, visitors/convention bureau, travel agents, tour operators, airlines, corporate accounts, Government Departments and other producers closely aligned to hotel business
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Builds profile within local market place through attendance at appropriate events
- Entertain clients with a view to maximizing business opportunities
- Liaison with advertising agency if and when required
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Acting responsibly when working with hotel budget and expenses, seeking prior approval where required.
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field, and three or four years’ experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
In return, we''ll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG. You''ll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we''ll give you Room to be yourself.
So what''s your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at
- Job type
- Starting in
- As soon as possible