At Holiday Inn ® Hotels and Resorts, our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That’s where you come in. When you are part of the Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Holiday Inn we look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Join us as a Talent Development Manager at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because of this vital role, we are looking for someone who can
- Analyse training needs of the hotel in general and in individual departments, developing strategies and including them in the Annual Training Plan.
- Works with Superior in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
- Use IHG benchmarks to monitor success of training programs and amend your efforts accordingly. Eg: Employee Survey, achievement of budget etc
- Analyze training needs of the hotel in general and individual departments, and develop strategies, including training programmes which address these needs
- Ensure and conduct effective training programs, including,
- New Employee Orientation
- Train the Trainer
- Customer Service Training
- Technical job specific training (through certification of departmental standards and procedures)
- Supervisory Skills Training
- Management Development
- Fire, Life and Safety Training
- Selling Skills
- Employee retraining
- Design, produce and implement training programmes which meet specific departmental needs in conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are structured and that training is effective
- Attend departmental training session and critique performance
- Assist Department Trainers in preparing and conducting departmental training and assess accordingly
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with all institutes of higher learning (IHLs) and private schools
- Be the point of contact for all matters relating to trainees, including recruitment and hiring from IHLs and private schools performance feedback and trainee engagement.
- Prepare and monitor training programs for:
- Management Trainees
- Work Experience
- Hotel School Trainees, etc
- Obtain a network of specialist training professionals who can assist with the conduct of training programmes for advanced or specialist training
- Ensure that Department Heads abide by their responsibilities of employee training against departmental SOPs
- Produce monthly training reports for your Manager and the General Manager on all internal and external training programmes attended by the colleagues.
- Liaise with other IHG Training Managers within the IHG Singapore Cluster to share experiences and resources
- Liaise with educational institutions conducting hospitality and training courses
- Delivers briefings of all internal programmes to executive management and department heads
- Keeps abreast on all training relations updates from IHG Corporate Office and training trends across the industry.
- Analyse data from Guest & Employee Satisfaction surveys, business financial results etc to measure success of training and identify areas of improvement
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Be familiar with and ensure compliance to the training and HR related brand standards as stipulated by InterContinental Hotels Group
- Monitor the progress of the Training Business Plan for each department tot ensure that the training objectives are being achieved
- Maintains all hotel training records
- Establish a training library of books, videos, journals and audio visual materials to assist trainers in their training programs and for staff personal development
- Maintain current information and records of suppliers of training resources and materials
- Perform other duties as assigned, including day-to-day workflow in the HR Department, ad-hoc HR projects and all HR initiatives.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown Core, Singapore
- Starting in
- As soon as possible