Assists the interior design process and project management for hotel brands.
· Knowledge of innovation & trends both in & outside of industry
· Solid understanding of business practices
· Basic problem solving skills
· Ability to build strong working relationships
· Customer service focus
· Basic negotiation skills
· Solid organizational skills
· Strong written & verbal communications skills
· Multi-task oriented
· Understands architecture documents and contract documents
· Knowledge of FF&E specification software
· Skilled in using Microsoft Office, scheduling, project & database mgmt. software (e.g., Microsoft
· Project, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe)
· 4-year degree from an accredited interior design program preferred, or equivalent work experience within the industry.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in the design field, preferably in the hospitality design industry.
· NCIDQ certificate preferred
· Assists in and understands the selection of materials and the development of design concepts and schemes.
· Reviews construction documents, FF&E specifications, materials and finishes to determine brand compliance in quality and design.
· Accountable for some aspects of a project providing updates and reports on status through a project management tool.
· Prepares specifications for all FF&E items.
· Has knowledge of and performs research on materials and technical specifications.
· Prepares color books, under direction, to sell the concept to the customer.
· Develops and maintains liaison role with all in-house groups, existing properties and outside consultants.
· Assists in the circulation of brand standard packages, approved vendors, etc. as needed to outside consultants, owners, management companies, etc.
· Keeps abreast of new trends in the hospitality industry and other competitive brands to increase knowledge of interior design and current technological advances.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Design-Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles to produce and/or review design concepts, drawings, plans, and models that are consistent with internal and external guidelines.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Starting in
- As soon as possible