Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Woodbine Development Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
As a Hotel Front Desk Associate, you will greet our guests, assist them with check-ins and check-outs, and provide consistently prompt, responsive and courteous service designed to meet our high standards of quality, and to ensure repeat business.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Listening to, and understanding guest requests, responding with prompt and appropriate action, and providing accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions
- Providing guests with welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons, and refreshment center keys as appropriate
- Verifying and imprinting credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods, as well as handling cash, making change and balancing an assigned house bank
- Posting charges to guest room and House accounts using the computer
- Closing guest accounts at time of check out, and ascertaining guest satisfaction
- Responding to, and addressing guest complaints and concerns
- Summoning guest service personnel for assistance in escorting guests to their rooms as appropriate
- Providing safety deposit boxes for guests by escorting them to the vault room and assisting the customer in opening the deposit box lock
- Performing additional duties as assigned by the supervisor
We are looking for a warm and outgoing Hotel Front Desk Associate with a strong work ethic, and a firm commitment to providing the best possible customer service and guest experience. It is also important that you have excellent communication, interpersonal, and active listening skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers using patience, tact, and diplomacy as necessary.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior hospitality experience, preferred
- Knowledge of Lightspeed PMS, preferred
- Knowledge of accounting operations to include all aspects such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
- Sufficient calculator skills to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong English language skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.