The Hotel Del Coronado is now hiring for an experienced Manager of Financial Analysis to join its team!
Hotel del Coronado is a historic beachfront hotel in the city of Coronado, just across the San Diego Bay from San Diego!
- 2 years managerial experience
- Staff Accountant experience
- Hotel Finance experience.
- Expert in Excel
- Bachelors degree
- Hilton Proprietary systems experience
- Handling over 75 million in annual revenue
This position is an extremely analytical role, the person will encompass 50% accounting functions and 50% analytics
What will I be doing?
As the Manager of Financial Analysis, you will supervise the Accounts function within the Finance department by overseeing the development and processes of accurate reports and account management. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Consolidate and generate property financial data from existing data sources and ensure data integrity throughout systems.
- Organize capital improvement projects and work with management team to properly administer capital budget policy.
- Interact with hotel management with respect to the performance of departmental revenue and profit goals and assists with the interpretation of financial and benchmarking data.
- Prepare presentations and summaries for use by the Director of Finance.
- Evaluate business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze financial data for development of ROI projects.
- Organize and analyzes financial data required to support capital projects.
- Utilize advanced Excel skills to develop analytical reports and financial modeling to assist the Director of Finance in making data driven financial and operational decisions.
- Analyze financial data to improve processes and P&L performance.
- Devise, communicate and execute strategies and directions for property management, evaluating efforts to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the hotel''s profitability.
- Evalute and calculate profitability of special events, holiday activities and recreation programs.
- Implement plans for process changes that will improve productivity and increase revenue and profitability.
- Develop execution plan to implement long term goals for the Property that become the basis for short term goals and annual operational planning.
- Develop appropriate objectives and establishes goals for individual departments that will establish focus on improved profitability. Objectives synchronized with Budget and Forecast.
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Establish processes and procedures that will allow the resort to enhance revenue and improve profitability based upon data analytics.
Controlling Activities may include:
- Recommend corrective action and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Identify negative trends and creates solutions with property leadership.
- Establish tracking and reporting analysis to improve controls and cost of sales in food, beverage and retail operations.
- Maximize opportunities to leverage purchasing card program.
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the property management team.
- Monitor return on invested capital and time resources.
- Work within established departmental budget.
- Review and make appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the year to ensure optimal financial results.
What are we looking for?
An Accounting Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a high volume Accounts function
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- High-level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous Accounts experience, preferably within a hotel environment
- Relevant degree, in Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Coronado, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible