Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Majestic Realty Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Inspired by the pioneering spirit of the West, Hotel Drover delivers true Texas hospitality. Named to honor the legendary cowboys who drove cattle to market across the plains, Hotel Drover is an Autograph Collection® property, offering a truly unique guest experience in the heart of the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.
Our goal is simple. To harness the true spirit of the Stockyards through the legacy of the drover, creating an experience that can only be achieved here in Fort Worth. Proud of where we came from, we greet visitors with a tip of the hat and a firm handshake, welcoming all to enjoy life’s simple pleasures and genuine Texas hospitality.
So, dust off your boots, grab your hat and join us at Hotel Drover.
We’re seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of the Fort Worth Stockyards while caring deeply about our team, our brand, and our community – someone who acts as an extension of our mission, values, and culture and promotes synergy among our family of brands (Silverton Casino + Hyatt Place). This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our team members, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the collective success of Hotel Drover.
We want to work with someone who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to bring the vision of Hotel Drover and the Stockyards Heritage Development to life.
We have poured our passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand – and we know that the right HR leader for Hotel Drover will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of community, and the desire to create extraordinary experiences drive us. You must apply if these things also drive you!
- Promote and embody the HD vision and core values; you infuse HR business practices with the spirit of the Hotel Drover brand and culture
- Proactively lead the efforts to recruit a diverse team who prioritizes the guest experience and provides a world-class HD experience regardless of their position
- Monitor and review trainings, performance and development meetings, and monthly team meetings to ensure the team is both embodying the culture and performing at their best
- Motivate, inspire, and support the HD leadership team to elevate performance and advance personal and professional development
- Ensure leaders are using positive coaching and mentoring to build their team and course-correcting poor performance including navigating disciplinary action if needed
- Guide the performance evaluation delivery process for the various departments within the hotel and ensure all leaders are fully trained in writing and delivering performance reviews
- Lead by example and ensure you are visible and available on the Hotel grounds; you are accountable for the full spectrum of the employee experience and HR compliance
- Develop, nurture, and maintain relationships within Silverton Shared Services, Stockyards Heritage Development Family, and within our Hotel
- Maintain team member and property HR documents, records, and other files as required by the government and Silverton Shared Services
- Ensure full compliance of HD’s operating controls, standard operating procedures, policies and procedures, and guest experience/brand standards
- Conduct all benefit’s orientation and 401k enrollment meetings
- Seamlessly onboard and offboard all team members
- Maintain and promote team member recognition programs and events
- Responsible for maintenance and communication of hotel’s policies and procedures
- Oversee labor and employee relations including investigations
- Nurture a strong partnership with VP, GM and assist with high-level decision-making process
- Effectively and compassionately handle conflict and other sensitive situations (H.E.A.R.T)
- Provide regular reports and updates to the leadership team to ensure decisions are being made that support the ongoing development of the team, the financial health of the hotel, and an incredible guest experience
- Oversee all internal team member transactions and processes (i.e. promotion, transfer, performance review adherence, mandatory trainings, termination, compliance, etc.)
- Support ongoing personal and professional development through building and maintaining Hotel Drover University
- Nurture a best place to work environment to attract and retain top talent
- Support the building of a best-in-class Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel and not only uphold but expand upon the standards of excellence.
• Passion for and commitment to providing genuine hospitality to our team members
• Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative mindset
• Kindness, integrity, and a belief in the potential of people
• Strong business acumen and people skills
• Desire to foster a loyal connection to the Hotel Drover Brand Experience and workplace culture
• A love for the history and future of the FW Stockyards
• Ability to motivate and inspire a team
• Superior attention to detail
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience as an HR leader at a boutique hotel or specialty resort.
• Minimum of 10+ years in the hospitality industry
• Experience with building a team and opening a luxury hotel
• Full-service hotel experience with a track record of success
• Marriott brand experience preferred; major brand experience required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Business, or related field desired
HOTEL DROVER OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
• Personal and professional growth opportunities
• Workplace culture with heart and soul
• Wellbeing benefits for you and your family
• Ample paid time off
• Career experience of a lifetime
• HIT THE MARK, EVERY TIME
• BLAZE NEW TRAILS
• SPARK WARMTH
• BE INTENTIONAL
• STAY CURIOUS
This company is an equal opportunity employer.