Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Majestic Realty Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Inspired by the pioneering spirit of the West, Hotel Drover delivers true Texas hospitality. Named to honor the legendary cowboys who drove cattle to market across the plains, Hotel Drover is an Autograph Collection® property, offering a truly unique guest experience in the heart of the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.
Our goal is simple. To harness the true spirit of the Stockyards through the legacy of the drover, creating an experience that can only be achieved here in Fort Worth. Proud of where we came from, we greet visitors with a tip of the hat and a firm handshake, welcoming all to enjoy life’s simple pleasures and genuine Texas hospitality. So, dust off your boots, grab your hat and join us at Hotel Drover.
We’re seeking a unique individual who will embody the heart and soul of the Fort Worth Stockyards while caring deeply about our brand and community – someone who acts as an extension of our mission, values, and culture. This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our employees, guests, and community while simultaneously ensuring the success and profitability of Hotel Drover.
We want to work with someone who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, and genuine hospitality to their life and work. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to bring the vision of Hotel Drover and the Fort Worth Heritage Development to life.
We have poured our passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand – and we know that the right Director of Sales for Hotel Drover will be as inspired and passionate about this dynamic vision as we are. Care for people, a belief in the power of community, and the desire to create extraordinary experiences drive us. You must apply if these things also drive you!
• Lead, coach, and motivate your team through our values + guiding principles; You infuse sales practices and the activities of your department with the spirit of the HD brand and culture
• Develop and execute innovative sales strategies that support the success of the District: Hotel Drover, Stockyards Heritage, and Stockyards Coliseum. Your sales brain sees every square inch of the district as a sales tool
• Motivate high-performance teamwork and productivity through your inspiring leadership/sales skills
• Create a challenging and exciting environment to encourage personal and professional development and achievement of sales goals
• Lead by example and exemplify sales-minded, creative, and innovative behaviors and actions
• Actively identify and engage key accounts to generate direct sales. You will take on a market segment with sales goals attached
• Nurture a sales environment with an emphasis on building genuine connections with our guests and visitors
• Assist with the overall achievement of the F&B Revenue
• Create and implement short-term and long-term sales goals with knowledge of the market
• Develop, maintain, and implement the budgeting and forecasting process for your business unit
• Effectively control expenses to ensure optimal operating profit
• Ensure all required reports and thorough and completed in a timely manner
• Promote high visibility of Hotel Drover and the Stockyards through active engagement in city activities (Visit Fort Worth) and industry associations; Integrate into the Stockyards district by building trustworthy, meaningful relationships so people and profit thrive
• Understand and contribute to overall revenue management initiatives and strategies to ensure we maximize every single revenue opportunity
• Thoughtfully and kindly communicate with all stakeholders, internally and externally
• Manage the ongoing profitability of the hotel
• Build exceptionally strong relationships with your internal stakeholders, especially our Director of Revenue Management
• Act as an extension of our brand at all times; You are a Hotel Drover Ambassador
• Humble servant
• Strong relationship building and influencing skills
• Strong networking skills and desires; You love immersing yourself in the FW community and being a trusted face among our city
• Innovative and critical thinker; The world is different, but you still see a world full of possibilities
• Effective and mindful communication skills; We want you to lead, motivate, and inspire your team
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Strong and graceful leadership and interpersonal skills
• Willingness and desire to be boots on the ground with your team; You will work alongside a very talented and tenured sales/events team
• 5+ years of senior sales experience in a high-end, luxury resort/hotel
• Proven track record of success both with leading high-performing teams and achieving sales goals
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field desired
• A growth mindset and desire to push yourself to the highest standards
HOTEL DROVER OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
• Personal and professional development opportunities
• Workplace culture with heart + soul
• Wellbeing benefits for you and your family
• Paid time off
• Career experience of a lifetime
• HIT THE MARK, EVERY TIME
• BLAZE NEW TRAILS
• SPARK WARMTH
• STAY CURIOUS
• BE INTENTIONAL
• HONOR ALL
This company is an equal opportunity employer.