A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo ®, we do more than satisfy our guests' curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues help create memorable and unique experiences for our guests; in a place truly connected to the local neighborhood, infused with intriguing design and local flavors. Where every day brings new discoveries, fresh experiences, and unexpected ideas.
And just like our hotels, no two colleagues are the same. So, we’re curious about YOU. How will you inspire the eclectic rhythm in our hotels? How will you bring the local neighborhood story to life? At Hotel Indigo® hotels, we’re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests.
The hotel will boast 269 tastefully decorated rooms, each thoughtfully designed to reflect the hotels neighborhood story, the story of Dubai creek. Other facilities that our guests can expect include an infinity pool deck, fully equipped fitness center and our neighborhood café and bar, both offering seamless service and array of experiences reflecting this expressive neighborhood.
Your day to day
Managing the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives.
- Assist in controlling expenses and minimizing waste in all areas of housekeeping. Participate as needed in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Monitor performance and recommend/initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors/Contractors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, housekeeping and food and beverage linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction. May assist in coordinating the special needs and requests of VIP, repeat guests and members of frequency program(s).
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department; schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
- Maintaining par levels for supplies and equipment. Replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business.
- May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other departments.
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Hotel Indigo Dubai Downtown is scheduled to open Q4 2020 and we are now seeking a polished and lively Guest Experience Manager - Housekeeping to take care of our guests’ Rooms and Hotel Housekeeping.
As the first lifestyle branded hotel of IHG in the Middle East, this exciting project really is something to be part of. This is a great opportunity for talented hospitality and Housekeeping professionals to step up in their career and experience a new challenge in a trendy lifestyle brand.
You'll report to the Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms and you’ll play a big role in supporting the overall success of the hotel.
The right fit for this role is someone who has a similar experience in housekeeping and hotel background with an energetic and fun personality. He/She should be passionate about people and hospitality. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are essential. If you are this person, we’d like to meet you.
Ideally, you should have at least five solid experience as an Assistant HK Manager or HK Manager working in a five star hotel industry in a Housekeeping environment and excellent communication skills.
What we offer
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organization, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefit package.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow. So, whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Hotel Indigo Dubai Downtown
Inside, decades of vibrant culture inspire carefully curated rooms with lavish mother-of-pearl bathrooms, funky Moroso designer chairs and envy-inducing views. Hone that beach bod in the gym, find some headspace in our yoga studio or just freestyle it out in the 25-metre infinity pool.
Outside, cruise the relaxing vibe of the waterside as you explore the city's galleries and hotspots, or hang with the locals over locally roasted speciality coffee and contemporary Levant cuisine at the Neighbourhood Café.
As night arrives, swing over to our signature cocktail bar for a uniquely crafted cocktail infused with local flare, and experience views of the city skyline you'll never forget as you chill with beats and shisha at the Pool Deck. And when it's time to go, bring a slice of the experience home with you with a unique piece from our concept store.