Carnect, as a 100 % subsidiary of Hotelbeds Group, is a market leader in car hire solutions in the B2B market and offers access to car hire suppliers (local, national and international) to a diverse range of clients including tour operators, OTAs (online travel agencies), GDS companies (global distribution system) and destination management companies using cutting edge technology to tailor make interfaces and content for partners.
Are you looking for a challenging leadership role in a dynamic and fast growing company? Then apply now, the team is looking forward to welcoming you!
We are implementing agile practices such as Continuous Integration for environment builds, Scrum & Kanban, Automation across the application & infrastructure, BDD and establishing a DevOps culture. You will be lead the Infrastructure Operations team, developing and mentoring six engineers, building them into a team respected for the quality, stability, reliability and performance of their platform. Success in the role will see the effective use of Linux & Windows on premise, public cloud and SaaS/PaaS provisions as appropriate to deliver a market leading car hire integration platform.
Head of Infrastructure Operations (IO) (m/f) – Immediate Start
We deliver and operate a high performance, low latency, high concurrency platform that integrates our car rental supplier and distribution partners all over the world.Key responsibilities
- Defining the vision for the Infrastructure Operations function within Carnect
- Leading a team of reliability and DevOps engineers to assure the performance and resiliency
of our entire platform stack, identifying metrics that provide the confidence to the business in the performance of our systems, 24x7.
- Redefining our platform to meet the challenge of maintaining flawless delivery at pace without compromising our reliability
- Planning and designing our response to failure scenarios, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Working closely with the application engineering team, the wider technology team and other stakeholders to ensure our systems function within SLA and that outages are dealt with rapidly and effectively
- Design and build tooling and technology to provide operational visibility into the performance and resiliency of our platform
- Articulating the business benefits of your teams’ initiatives to senior business stakeholders ensuring their total support and buy-in
- Lead the design of core technology and infrastructure components ensuring they support failure recover patterns; driving overall architecture to those designs
- Cooperation with all internal and external clients with international background
- Experience leading platform teams in high volume applications
- A proven track record of defining technical strategy and leading implementation of
- Challenging technical projects
- Significant experience with operations and infrastructure related computing projects
- Knowledge of the complete stack including web applications, web services, databases,
- Operating systems and networking infrastructure
- Supporting consumer-facing applications and services including triaging and managing live incidents
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure), infrastructure as code (Cloud formation, Terraform), performance measurement and tuning.
- Networking (switching, routing, VPN)
- Leading and developing junior team members
- Strong customer focus with the ability to communicate with senior stakeholders & tech staff
- Fluency in English is required, additional languages (particular German and/or another major
- European languages) are advantageous, but not necessarily required
- Capable to work very independent, diligent self-regulated
- Experience in the travel & tourism sector is an advantage but not essential
Hotelbeds group is a leading provider of services to the global travel trade with key positions in some of the fastest growing segments in the industry.
• Distributing accommodation, transfers & activities in more than 180 countries.
• Active in +120 source markets worldwide.
• The nº1 global b2b bedbank.
• Local destination management operations in +40 countries.
Our vision is to a play a leading role in reshaping travel with our industry partners.
Our key business units are:
• Bedbank: the nº1 global b2b bedbank, including the brands hotelbeds, bedsonline and hotelopia.
• Transfer & activity bank: an integrated worldwide portfolio of transfers, activities and experiences distributed online through the brands of activities, isango! And hotelextras.
• Destination management: a global leader in inbound services, operating the brands destination services (destination management), intercruises (cruise handling) and pacific world (meetings and incentives).
• New ventures: high-growth potential businesses, including tt services (visa outsourcing), roiback (online project & promotion management for hotels) and carnect (car rental distribution).
By joining hotelbeds group you will be working for a leading global travel organisation at the forefront of the industry. With a clear strategy and business structure, we know what we want and how we want to get there, and this is evident across everything we do. You will experience an innovative, engaging and multicultural environment where you will learn the tricks of the trade from the best travel professionals around. You will also build strong and lasting business relationships across the globe.
We actively encourage international mobility, so once you have joined us you will have many opportunities to develop your career across our multiple locations around the world and in our different units and brands. People have always been at the heart of our business and we actively encourage a culture that enables people to work together creatively. In summary, we offer a great environment in which to develop your future career.
- Job type
- Hamburg, Germany
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract