- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set example for all hotel associates.
- Training, motivation development, and review of all engineering staff, keeping in step with our company''s objective of the professional development of our associates, and a positive work environment. It is important that the Chief Engineer understands all functions of his/her staff, and can complete those functions in the associates absence
- Ensure fulfillment of preventative maintenance program to specific brand standards.
- Inspect guest rooms after Preventative Maintenance. Review any problems with the PM mechanic and recheck room/suite before releasing to Housekeeping/Front Office.
- Maintain a current inventory of all supplies.
- Maintain a work order assignment program for completed and pending work orders. Prioritize and complete work orders in a timely manner. Monitor all deficiencies. Communicate to the requesting party upon completion when needed.
- Maintain a Maintenance Work Order Log.
- Repair HVAC as required and clean HVAC coils semi-annually or as required.
- Repair appliances as required.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of brand standard key control policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Check Smoke Alarms throughout hotels on a scheduled basis according to brand standards.
- Ensure routine preventive maintenance on equipment is done. This is including, but not limited to laundry equipment, heating, and air condition units, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, fire equipment and plumbing. These are performed as required by the manufacturer and in accordance with the warranty specifications.
- Ensure swimming pool and spa maintenance duties are performed according to manufacturer specifications and local Health Department Regulations
- Maintain the hotel grounds, curb appeal, and building exteriors consistently.
- Develop and maintain maintenance department programs to assure that the Quality Assurance Program for each brand criteria are met.
- Develop department employee attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest and associate needs.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests. Constant and effective communication required.
- Assist the General Manager in resolving guest concerns.
- Educate and lead all department personnel on emergency procedures, key control, safety, and life safety precautions.
- Establish department communication and information systems through all forms of communications, including logs, department meetings, coaching and counseling.
- Communication changes in suite/room status with the Front Desk and Housekeeping.
- Answer guest questions regarding hotels and local area facilities and services.
- Ensure that three quotes are received for any repairs that cannot be made property level.
- Ensure all standards are adhered to at all times.
- Any reasonable request by management that you are capable of performing.
- Comply with hotel policies and procedures.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Flamingo / Lummus, Miami Beach, FL, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible