Develop and foster Group and Catering business for the hotel through proactive and reactive sales efforts. This position is designed to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction to external clients and internal partners with the goal of garnering both repeat and referral business from client base. In addition to maintaining existing business, this position will be responsible for finding new business and saturating existing accounts and/or segments. This positions serves as liaison between the customer, the Sales team and the Event Management team.
What you will be doing
- Provide the highest levels of customer service to internal partners and external clients at all times.
- This position requires 75% of Pro-Active Sales Solicitation; 30 appointments and 250 prospecting calls per month.
- Respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to all internal partners and external customers, and deliver clear and concise communiqué that is representative of Concord Hospitality via all avenues of communication.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, self-motivation and proactive planning, and endeavor to be organizationally savvy with a keen focus on detail.
- Satisfactorily maintain existing assigned accounts/segments, and work diligently to develop new business for hotel.
- Effectively and efficiently monitor and manage all aspects of the pre-event, event, and post-event details: Track, detail, and communicate the particulars of each assigned event and group -- including but not limited to -- room blocks, meeting space, special concessions, group history and other reports, cut-off and other key dates, contract clauses, group resumes, event orders and BEO’s, billing details, and other integral aspects of groups and events.
- Be willing and able to attend customer functions and offsite networking events as needed.
- Work with internal and external partners to accurately forecast group rooms and F & B revenues, as well as understand the conditions and strategies that will maximize released space and rooms and impact hotel revenues.
- Gain knowledge of hotel’s food and beverage products, pricing and presentation, and learn about the hotel’s function space, audio visual, and any other details related to event success.
- Consistently attain sales activity goals and individual revenue goals including -- but not limited to -- proactive and reactive calls, tours and appointments required for this position, as outlined by Concord, your RVPSM, and your supervisor.
- Learn and use digital sales systems and conceptual sales processes (i.e. Envision, Opera, sales call process, etc.) and understand the hotel’s sales strategies (i.e. Marketing Plan, rates, budgeted goals, etc.). Implement these tools and resources in order to accomplish individual and team goals and efficiently complete job duties.
- Prepared for and participate in all necessary internal meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, training, and other communications required for this position.
- Endeavor to work in a unified and collaborative way -- one that fosters team work -- and embody an entrepreneurial spirit that enables one to make the best possible decisions for hotel and achieve the team’s overall goals.
- Own your career development and be an advocate for training and job opportunities that will allow you to continue to hone and develop your talents, skills, creativity, and personal and professional growth.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by Management, and seek to comply with company’s policies and procedures.
- Full-Time Position
- Complimentary parking for one vehicle
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning
- Referral Incentive Program
- Bonus Eligible
- Work-Life Balance – Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- Short Term and Long Term Insurance
- Paid Time Off eligibility
- 401(k) PLAN
- Complimentary nights within management hotel network
- Colleague discount rates within Hyatt network
- Job type
- Flamingo / Lummus, Miami Beach, FL, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible