AIRE at Hyatt Centric the Loop Chicago is looking for dynamic people to join our team. Savor hand-crafted cocktails and flavorful wines on this chic open-air retreat with eclectic décor and panoramic views of the cityscape. Our seasonal rooftop lounge offers a dramatic, sky-high ambiance for sharing gourmet small bites made from local ingredients and sampling artisan mixology.
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum of one-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
- Job type
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration