You have a sunny, helpful nature. You’re happiest on the move, ever alert to what needs doing. Talking with people from all over energizes you. And with a passion to please, you thoughtfully offer guests helpful tips while lending a hand, opening doors, and whisking away luggage. You handle each vehicle like it’s your own, double-checking locks and windows before returning promptly to cheerfully greet the next guest. You know the property and surrounding area by heart, quickly becoming a trusted source for guests. You take great care and pride in your work, which guests immediately recognize and reward. Then, Interstate’s Doorman Valet position may be a great way for you to earn your potential.
As Doorman Valet, you will
- Provide the hotel’s pivotal first impression, setting the tone for the guest experience.
- Extend a genuinely friendly welcome to arriving guests. Help with doors and luggage, guiding guests to the front desk, assisting guests to their rooms, and offering tips about the property and room amenities.
- Respond helpfully to guest questions about the property, getting around and nearby happenings.
- Carefully and efficiently park, secure and retrieve vehicles.
- Pitch in. Help guests with special requests, room deliveries, and transportation arrangements when the need arises. Perform check-in and out calls involving luggage handling. Tidy the lobby and public areas when you see something out of place, reporting any repair or maintenance needs.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with prior customer service experience helpful. The ability to communicate effectively and graciously in English is essential. You must possess a valid Drivers License as required by the State and an excellent driving record, verified by Motor Vehicle Administration report. A Commercial Driver''s License may be required. This position requires continuous movement, full mobility, frequently lifting up to 50 pounds and pushing or pulling a luggage cart up to 200 pounds.
- Job type
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible