Under limited direction, this individual will provide a high level of administrative support in a fast paced environment in the form of: calendar management, conference calls, greeting guests and meeting/event planning. Coordinate and manage US and international travel arrangements (flights, hotel reservations, travel visas).
Process expense reports and invoices in a timely manner. Will work closely with the team to gather information as needed. This person will liaise with a variety of functions throughout the organization on behalf of the executive. Must demonstrate a high level of ethical standards, communication skills and maintain overall confidentiality associated with assigned duties.
- Administrative Tasks for the department (i.e. office supply ordering, mail distribution, receiving visitors to the department)
- New hire onboarding; contractor badges and access for entire department
- Coordinate Corporate Finance departmental needs (i.e. meetings, events, after hours meal planning, maintaining distribution lists, etc.)
- Serve as primary point of contact for any Corporate Finance departmental matters (i.e. office services, records retention, IT)
- Prepare and process business expense reports for 1 SVP, 5 VPs
- Manage vendor relationships, invoice management, and outside resources.
- Manage all aspects of travel arrangements and provide detailed trip itineraries.
- Work independently on special projects.
- Draft, edit or proofread correspondence as needed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary (included in all job descriptions).
- 5 years of administrative assistant experience
- Capability of working independently
- Use good judgment and decision making
- Ability to manage multiple, and at times competing, projects
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Oral and Written Communications – Communicates effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Organizing– Ability to orchestrate multiple activities at once; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Attention to Detail – Keen eye for accuracy.
- Customer Focus – Views every customer contact as an opportunity to add value and enhance relationships.
- Enthusiasm - Treats every situation with a positive, "can do" attitude. When challenges arise, acts and responds constructively to bring about a positive solution.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs.
- Personal Integrity and Trust – is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Administration & General
- Starting in
- As soon as possible