The Business analyst will join a team that is on an upward trajectory to enhance Hyatt''s competitive advantage through analytics. This position will contribute to our strategic vision of developing advanced analytics capabilities in support of developing and executing business strategy.
Individual in this role will work under the direction of Manager, Analytics. He/She will be responsible for creating and managing user stories; Will work with data analysts and data scientists to create detailed tasks for each story and to assign story points. He/She will work with key stakeholders across all our business units and will be the “voice of the data” knowing how an analysis was conducted and also knows how to interpret the results.
A candidate capable of driving projects to their successful outcomes with effective communication and interpersonal skills will do well.
This position reports to the Manager, Analytics
· Collaborate with Project Managers and business stakeholders to execute Analytics projects. This includes outlining specific deliverables, provide input to project plans and milestones.
· Will be the “voice of the data” knowing how an analysis was conducted and also knows how to interpret the results
· Create and manage user stories. Work with data analysts and data scientist to create detailed tasks for each story and to assign story points.
· Leverage data management processes and available infrastructure / Relation data sources in developing user stories
· Work alongside Data Product manager, Data Scientists and Data Analysts to develop and operationalize data products
· Perform User acceptance testing as required
Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
· At least 3 years of professional experience as a Business Analyst
· Experience in Agile development frameworks—Scrum or Kanban
· Excellent SQL programming skills
· Strong work ethic and personal integrity; self-directed and self-motivated with a highly developed curiosity and willingness to learn.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to define and capture business needs along with articulating strategic implications of analytic results with clarity and persuasiveness in an audience appropriate manner.
· Bachelors in a quantitative field: computer science, econometrics, mathematics, statistics, analytics, or other related field
· Three or more years programming in SQL.
· Experience with R and/or Python is preferred
· Experience with Alteryx is preferred
· Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools is desired
· Expert in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Familiarity with data warehousing concepts
· Familiarity with IBM DB2 and SQL Server (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) databases.
- Job type
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration