Powered by HireTrue.
Housekeeper - Hyatt House Atlanta Downtown
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Hosuekeeper cleans and supplies guest rooms and related areas in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive room assignments, priority room requests, keys and supplies from Housekeeping management. Review room assignments, retrieve and stock caddie/cart to ensure all supplies, linen and amenities are available to properly clean guest rooms. Review list for any special requests. Turn in keys, properly store and secure caddie/cart and unused supplies at end of shift.
- Clean and stock guest rooms with appropriate supplies in accordance with policies, procedures and brand standards. Change linens and towels, make beds, scrub bathroom, vacuum, mop, dust, wash windows, mirrors and walls, remove trash, place amenities, etc. Perform quality check on the television, telephone, heating/air conditioning, and lights.
- Appropriate and proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Respond to and resolve housekeeping requests and complaints by guests.
- Prompt reports to housekeeping management of all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Prompt turn in to housekeeping management of all articles left in guest rooms after checkout for entry into Lost and Found.
- Perform duties of Lobby Attendant, Turndown Attendant or Laundry Attendant as assigned.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective action may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper cleaning techniques, procedures and brand standards. Ability to operate a vacuum, mop and properly use cleaning equipment and supplies. Ability to timely complete assigned rooms, organize housekeeping cart, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a clock radio, lamp, coffee maker, phone, TV and other guest room equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with cleaning supplies, equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible