Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow" our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Sales at the Hyatt House and are actively looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding this position as well as to answer any questions you might have regarding the company. You will play a key role in the development of new and existing business as you provide high-level leadership for your sales team, creating and implementing strategies that will enable them to maximize guest bookings.
As a Hotel Director of Sales, you will lead and manage all day-to-day activities with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. You will be responsible for achieving your own personal booking goals, while advising your team on meeting their own booking goals.
Your specific duties in this role will include
- Working with management team in developing and executing sales strategies
- Assisting with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external
- Providing positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals)
- Recommending booking goals for sales team members
- Monitoring all day to day activities of direct reports
- Participates in client calls with members of your team to acquire new business and/or close on business
- Executing and supporting the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposals, writing contracts, customer correspondence, etc.)
- Analyzing market information and implementing strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals
- Interacting with guests to obtain feedback and reviewing guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displaying leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying customer service and creating a positive example for guest relations
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Interviewing hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation
We are looking for a self-motivated Hotel Director of Sales with solid leadership skills, a strong work ethic, and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with both new and existing clients.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Bachelor’s degree, a plus
- 1 year experience (1 year with a Bachelor’s degree) in sales and marketing, or a related professional area.
- Solid organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Proven lead-generation and closing skills
- Must be able to pass a background check and a drug screening
For more information about Waterford Hotel Group, please visit our website at www.waterfordhotelgroup.com.
As a Hotel Director of Sales you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
- Job type
- Waltham, MA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration