The Night Auditor is responsible for the preparation and disposition of all Night Audit work as well as all Front Office functions on the third shift (11pm-7am).Requirements
Education & Experience:
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Must be proficient in Windows 95, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work in a self-managed environment.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Initiate and complete the End of Day process.
- Run all reports as required for Food and Beverage audit.
- Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures daily.
- Balance the day’s work (i.e., movie revenue, telephone postings, valet laundry, server’s and desk agent’s paperwork, etc.).
- Maintain cashiering responsibilities as per Front Office procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain Front Office computer system operation according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Fulfill all Front Office functions between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Follow up to ensure periodic checks by the Midnight House Attendant are made of building and guest corridors to ensure all areas are locked and secured.
- Handle and follow through on all guest requests daily from 11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Follow safety and emergency procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain proper record keeping (i.e., log books, etc.) according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality’s policies and house rules.
- Complete the initial direct bills, daily, and place on the Property Accountant''s desk; Attach all folio/banquet check back-up to the bills.
- Maintain radio contact with other employees during entire shift.
- Have a working knowledge of security procedures.
- Ensure employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare and distribute the Daily Flash Report as needed.
- Job type
- Fishkill, NY, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible