Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.Prep Cook - Job Description
As a Prep Cook, you will efficiently and consistently produce the highest quality menu items by taking full ownership for the daily preparation and execution of food items in your station. We are looking for team players that assist one another and work with the service team to exceed our guests'''' expectations and to provide them with nothing less than extraordinary dining experiences.
As a Prep Cook, your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
- Cuts or portions meat, fish and poultry.
- Communicates with team and management throughout the shift regarding status of orders and availability of product.
- Minimizes waste of product.
- Labels all food items for food safety and shelf-life standards.
- Rotates product according to “First In, First Out" to maintain shelf-life standards.
- Keeps the grill area neat, clean and sanitary.
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area.
- Stocks/restocks items on line according to specifications.
- Understands and complies with food safety and temperature standards.
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains fry area, walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area.
- Assists in an entire team effort.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor.
- Prepares great food with great service and a great attitude.
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally and with care in a timely manner.
- Adjusts to high pressure situations and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts themselves professionally at all times while setting the standard for all staff
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug free.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
- Job type
- Windsor, CT, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible