Now Hiring: Hotel Accounts Receivable Clerk
We are looking for associates and Leaders that have a passion to serve others!
An Accounting Clerk is responsible for responding to guest inquiries, resolving guest billing disputes, performing month-end duties and preparing daily receivables in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As an Accounting Clerk, you would be responsible for responding to guest inquiries, resolving guest billing disputes, performing month-end duties and preparing daily receivables in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Respond to guest inquiries, charge inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
• Research and resolve guest billing disputes in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
• Prepare and complete all month-end responsibilities, including but not limited to, preparing reports and setting up late bills
• Prepare and post daily receivables from event contracts and balance totals to the General Ledger
• Coordinate and verify receiving tickets, purchase orders and invoices for proper coding and approval signature
• Review all final statements for accuracy, make necessary corrections and mail sales contracts to clients in a timely manner
• Prepare journal entries
• Answer guest service calls, contact guests via telephone, complete telephone request forms and send correspondence/folios to guests (e-mail, facsimile, mail, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent with knowledge of basic accounting. Computer literate. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Must have command of the English language, written and verbal. Must have mathematical skills. Must be proficient and experienced with current computer software programs. Prior A/R & Collections experience a plus.
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Our Benefits (applies to Full Time Associates Only)
Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
401K Retirement Program with company contribution – FREE MONEY!
Complimentary Hotel Room Night Program – Receive 7 free nights a year
Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
Verizon Wireless Discount – save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon
Concord Provides great development through classroom training, online through our Learning Management System (LMS), as well as providing you options for Education Assistance Programs through University of Phoenix saving you 5% off tuition costs – take classes related to hospitality and save up to 9% off the tuition price
Concord’s foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and our newest – having Fun. We strive to hire the BEST associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment that associates find appealing. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We do many fun things on property to stay engaged with our associates and show you we care about you. As a company we focus on all the key metrics you want in an employer: Sustainability, Charity, Diversity, and Wellness! At Concord, our associates come first!
If you are seeking a leadership position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
- Job type
- Colgate Center, Jersey City, NJ, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible