HYATT house is an extended-stay, residential-style hotel that aims to provide individual travelers with the feel of a modern condominium. The 125 to 200 room, all-suite properties offer comforts of home such as fully equipped kitchens, flat panel HDTVs and free high-speed internet access. The public space features facilities such as a pool, a fitness center and a business center. A full breakfast every morning and an evening social on weekday evenings are complimentary to guests. HYATT house properties are located in urban, airport and suburban locations and can accommodate small corporate meetings and corporate clients seeking to place their employees on extended assignment.
The First Assistant Manager is directly responsible for the success of the housekeeping, front office and food and beverage departments of the property. A hands-on approach is necessary to effectively manage the quality of customer service and guest suite cleanliness.
This position will report directly to the General Manager of the hotel. The responsibilities also include managing the daily hotel operations to achieve planned goals for operational integrity as measured by revenue, house profit, and RevPAR index while maintaining company standards for guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, quality assurance, and asset protection. This position may also handle the purchasing and payroll submission for the property.
The First Assistant Manager will also be involved in the interviewing and hiring of new associates, as well as disciplinary measures. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three years of management experience as well as the ability to demonstrate leadership and professional image to associates and guests. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule as the hours for this management position will vary.
Welcome to our new house, HYATT house!
- Minimum of three years of management and supervisory experience preferred (management experience in the service industry is strongly preferred)
- Hotel experience preferred
- 1-2 years experience working in a guest service oriented Food & Beverage establishment preferred
- College degree preferred
- Intermediate word and excel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, project management and detail orientation skills, with the ability to multi-task in order to meet a variety of deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do positive attitude
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision required
- Job type
- Central Business District, New Orleans, LA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible