Opportunity: Security Officer
Perform protective and enforcement functions in a friendly and courteous manner to maintain a safe and secure hotel environment.
Potential Career Path
Security Supervisor/Manager – Director of Security
Essential Job Functions
- Patrol designated hotel areas.
- Respond to disturbances and emergency situations.
- Maintain daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee incidents.
- Prepare incident and other reports and communicate all related information to hotel management.
- Access secured areas for authorized personnel.
- Complete incident/accident reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Escort guests to their rooms or assist guest’s w/entry into their rooms according to hotel standards.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Monitor TV cameras, if applicable.
- Perform bell person tasks and assist guests with luggage.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Prior security experience desirable.
- CPR/First Aid preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching and climbing stairs.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
- Job type
- Pleasanton, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible