Opportunity: Housekeeping Manager
Manage housekeeping operations in accordance with established guest service, quality and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Executive Housekeeper – Operations Manager – Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas and grounds for cleanliness, appearance and safety.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolve guests’ complaints and concerns.
- Prepare schedules based upon occupancy and assign duties to associates.
- Take inventory and submit periodic inventory orders to insure supplies are purchased in a timely manner.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Comply with HHM internal audit standards pertaining to key control and risk management areas (I.E. lost and found, key control, guest room safety).
- Maintain departmental expenses in line with budget as described by General Manager.
- Ensure compliance with specific brand standards.
- Be aware of and communicate service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year previous housekeeping supervisor experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible