· Plans or participates in planning menus and utilisation of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, popularity of various dishes and frequency of menu.
· Spends time in culinary areas observing employee-guest/employee-internal customer interaction, working through Heads of Department to coach employees as necessary.
· Reviews menus, analyses recipes, determines food, labour, overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
· Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
· Introduces and tests the market with new products which are market-orientated in terms of price and product.
· Serves fresh food to the guests which is prepared a la minute, is consistent in quality, and which reflects the style of the outlet concept.
· Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
· Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Job type
- Financial District, Hyderabad, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible